Newbie question about reviews

Hi! I just joined WaniKani 3 days ago and I still struggle to understand how it works despite having read the FAQ and beginners’guide.
I completed my first batch of lessons and its final quizz. Then I’ve waited for the review.
The next day it was marked as available “<1 minute”, all day (so I thought it actually meant “non available”).
Then at some point in the night it changed to “available”. Since it was 2AM for me I didn’t start it but when I returned to the website this morning (9AM for me) it had changed back to “available <1 minute” so I once again cannot access it.

I don’t understand. Is that normal? Is there specifics hours for reviews like, you must be online at specifics hours to access reviews? And if so, is it possible to change that hour for the user so that it’s not in the middle of the night?

I believe that’s a bug.
If it says available (or <1 minutes), but your review batch is 0, then try refreshing it to see the actual time left.

Happens to me all the time.

2 Likes

The dashboard page unfortunately doesn’t react by itself when the time runs out, it shows <1 minute continuously. You can reload or click on reviews to see that the actual number is larger than 0.

If it still doesn’t work then it’s a bug. Reviews appear depending on their “SRS level”, for apprentice the reviews appear on the same day (4~8 hours).

1 Like

It worked! Thanks both of you for your quick and efficient answers. :grin:

Get this addon and you’ll know EXACTLY when your next review is. It’s so helpful that it’s not even funny.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.