New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

Honestly, it doesn’t matter how long any particular level took you, so if you know that you’re going to continue, i would just do so (watch out for the sale on lifetime around Christmas).

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I plan to jump on the sale when it comes up. I figure I can work on trying to burn the first three levels while I wait. I just figured since I was waiting on the sale to move past 3 I would have time to reset if it was recommended. :upside_down_face:

Btw, the subscriptions on WK are prorated :slight_smile: This means that if you were to subscribe for yearly and then the lifetime sale came, the price (with the promotion) of the lifetime would be reduced taking into consideration how much of the yearly sub you had yet to use. Being the promotion to $200 on lifetime, it would cost you around $120 instead.

Not sure if I expressed myself clearly enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I figure with me still having several days (at least) left on level 3 and the holidays and such coming up, it’ll time about right for me to just wait for the sale. But thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“Ornantius, post:1505, topic:16421”]watch for
sale on lifetime around Christmas
[/quote]
What would be a good way I can make sure I don’t miss that sale? I wouldn’t want to constantly look around in the forum.

1 Like

Is there a way to enter both readings of a kanji in a quiz? So that I don’t get the popup “did you know that this kanji has another reading”.

If so, what separator character do I need to use?

1 Like

I see that Wanikani has an API. Is there a list of public apps that use it?

1 Like

I think the sale takes about a month, I don’t think you’ll miss it. It will also be announced on the dashboard. And I think the sale will probably be going on around the 10th of December at the very least, so check in then and you’ll likely find it.

There is not unfortunately. However, if the readings are important or commonly used, they will show up in your vocabulary items later on. So don’t worry about it, they’ll get put in your head :wink:

Yes, and there are a lot.

Oh, there are apps and there are user scripts.

I use wanikani exclusively on iOS. I guess I can’t have (neither install nor use) user scripts on iOS?

Yeah, I think you can’t.

However, there’s this user-made app that has a few scripts integrated I believe. Check it out :slight_smile:

yo, wassup guys

3 Likes

Hello! Welcome to the community!
I hope you’ll have a great time here. If you have any questions, there is always someone here with a quick answer :wink:

Is there a method of reversing all burned items, so you can re-learn them? That is, without resetting your level.

You can’t do it in bulk, I’m afraid. You have to un-burn every item you want to re-learn manually via the individual item pages. There is a “resurrect” button at the very bottom of the item page of burned stuff.

Alternatively, you can look through the list of scripts for things that can help you practice burned stuff. :slight_smile:

The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

Just starting out on my adventure to learn Japanese! Spent the last month learning the first two alphabets and some vocab. Joined WaniKani this week to help with learning Kanji. Hope it lives up to the hype!

4 Likes

Hello hello, welcome!

Worked wonders for me. ^^ I found it easy to commit to, and the forced pauses due to it being an SRS system meant I couldn’t foolishly bury myself in far too much material during that hyper-motivation of the first few weeks, like I had done during other times.

If you run into any questions, be sure to check out the FAQ. And if you’re still lost, we’re always here to help.

Enjoy your time here and good luck!

Guys I dont know if this Is the correct place but I need some advice.
I’m currently at level 16 almost 17 and my first burn is only a month from now what am I doing wrong, I absolutely need to always have 0 lessons and 0 reviews but the number of reviews wanikani wants me to do per day is ridiculous right know I don’t know how to be efficient without burning myself doing 200 to 250 reviews per day.
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

This

4 Likes

You are basically telling me to endure it or otherwise don’t do the lessons and accumulate them is that it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well yes. More lessons equal more reviews. Slow down on lessons and reviews will also slow down

2 Likes