My Wanikani Timer is Missing!

Hey guys! I’ve just done my first review and from what I’ve read around everyone has a timer telling them how long they need to wait before their next review. I’ve looked everywhere on my dashboard and every-other spot for this timer but I can’t seem to find it. Any know what’s happening?

2 Likes

On the right hand side:

2 Likes

Hi, This tells me the things I’ve done so far right? Where’s the timer for my next lesson and/or review?

You would have to look at the individual kanji or vocab to learn that.

If you just learned X and X is a kanji, it will show on the main page. Hover over it and it should tell you when to expect to need to review it again.

If you learned Y, and Y is vocab, you have to dig into the level (click your account icon, under your name you will have the level you are on, click on the level.) Click on the vocab word and scroll down to the bottom of the page. At the very, very bottom it will say “Next Review in XXX Hours/Days”.

Is that what you are looking for?

Yes, thank you! Is it the same for my next lesson?

Lessons don’t work the same way as reviews. You can either do them when you want or you have to wait until new lessons are unlocked. This happens generally by guru’ing a radical or a Kanji.

2 Likes

I’ll probably get Leebo’d but you get new lessons by guru-ing radicals, which take a minimum of 4 days and change to guru

4 Likes

Hadn’t you written the beginning you wouldn’t have XD. Both answers say different things, though.

1 Like

The worst part is that it was definitely because I had to rewrite Leebo’d twice because my autocorrect was dumb :skull:

1 Like

I did hear the beginning would be very slow, so this makes sense.

1 Like

Yep! The reviews come slowly at first and then continue to build until you guru all of the 60 ones. Then they’ll legitimately start to decrease. (All assuming you do it at a steady pace)

2 Likes

When you hit level 14 and you get a blast of 130 or so new vocab (assuming you SRS up all Kanji in the same review), you won’t feel it is too slow anymore :smiley:

Can’t wait!

:smiley: Wait until it happens to you :smiley:

Once you really get past the opener levels, things really start moving fairly quickly.
I still recommend like everyone else, try to keep your Apprentice items at or near 100 for it to not become too uncomfortable. 150 was fairly tough for me when I tried it and I regret doing it every time that batch of items comes up for review now. :smiley:

Sounds exciting! I was wondering if I have to also learn how to say the radicals since some of them are kanji. Or should I only memorize how to speak it for kanji and vocab?

This tells you how many reviews will be due over the next few days.

You probably don’t have enough to show up here yet.

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 10.08.40 am

Welcome to the WaniKani Community @Pecoru san :raised_hands:t2: We are happy that you chose WaniKani :grin: hope you have loads of fun and learning :love_you_gesture:t2: If you ever need help, just give us a tag and we will do our best to help you :slightly_smiling_face:

@Kumirei san @Joeni san Can you share the resources with your welcome :smile: ?

2 Likes

I only welcome people who make welcome posts!

2 Likes

I do likewise.

…unless I’m summoned, so…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}
@Pecoru

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resource List
The New and Improved List of API and Third-Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about finding and learning radical pronunciations. If they exist, they’ll almost certainly appear as a kanji later!