Level 60 in 1721 days aka doing WaniKani the slacker way

Well, it’s the perfect job for working in Japan. Who knows, maybe one day you will get there if you want! Sau macar in vizite cat mai dese. Anyway, good job on working hard at work and getting to lvl 60 here. I bet it was a real journey!

2 Likes

Haven’t moved from level 7 in months. Will probably reset and get back on it once I do other study.

karenshrug

2 Likes

I’m not from Romania, (I am a little bit by blood though), but a lot of my loved ones are, so I’ve been steadily learning over the past several years :slightly_smiling_face: înțeleg mai bine decât vorbesc dar 頑張っています ! :joy_cat:

Îmi face plăcere să te cunosc, I hope to see you at 60 as well someday ^^ @jneapan and I will be saving you some prăjitură! :durtle_the_explorer::cake:

4 Likes

One can only hope.

Do you think it’d be worth resetting again though? Sounds a bit stressful to me.

Cu siguranță :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tbh, I’d just go after reading and add forgotten words to a SRS system like Kitsun. Kitsun also has Jisho’s dictionary for kanji integrated, in case you forgot them as well (it makes seconds to make flashcards due to Kitsun having Kitsun integrated). Reviewing already learned content is always quiter faster and easier than a first time exposure.

3 Likes

Sounds super high tech :grin:

5 Likes

LOL, my brainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kitsun having Jisho integrated*, my bad :rofl:

4 Likes

Multumesc frumos! I hope I will get there.

2 Likes

I can assure you that this wasn’t a typo, and that’s exactly how super high tech it is :laughing:

3 Likes

Congratulations @jneapan! What an effort :confetti_ball:

I share your regret about not visiting the forums during my hiatuses. So many wonderful people here, plus I might have come back earlier if I was still visiting the forums!

b-but I was hoping for that record …

4 Likes

I feel like all of your posts are adverts for Kitsun these days lol

4 Likes

Well, is there a problem with that? It’s not like I write them out of context :man_shrugging: I’m just passionate about stuff. If they’re good, I recommend them. sore dake.

PS: “Advert” would imply me getting something back. Unfortunately, my wallet is very empty.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your great achievement!!! :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

you’re already level 47, there’s no way you can beat me

2 Likes

haha you guys are like fighting over enduring the longest unscratched itch. It was hard enough to not press the lesson button, because I feel like if I didn’t keep my brain active enough things I even learned recently would be forgotten.

2 Likes

i started june 5th 2013, so have been studying about the same number of days. I have reset three times - usually after holidays when i find that it can take a couple of months to get re enthused to start again - interestingly enough , mainly after trips to japan. I am slowly making my way back to my top level in the mid 20s - hoping this time to continue onwards and upwards. i blame my slow progress on an aging brain as i am one of the older members, being in my early 60s.

3 Likes

Considering I didn’t start reading (due to not studying grammar enough) and have begun forgetting the kanji I learned, a good refreshing would absolutely be worth it.

1 Like

I get that. I used to do lessons as soon as they came in (probably not smart). The problem is dealing with the consequences (reviews) afterwards :rofl:. The lessons are always fun though, I always enjoyed them.

Totally unrelated to kanji, but have you heard of P. D. Mangan? He’s also in his 60s and looks like he’s in the prime of his life. He advocates for lifestyle and diet changes that benefit both the body and the mind. I think there’s something to it, I’ve been partially following his advice and feel great (mind you, I’m still in my 30s). Until last year I was sure I was gonna die in the next 10 years, but now I feel like maybe living up to 120 might not be such a stretch. Maybe it can benefit you too ¯\(ツ)/¯ .
Language learning has also been proven to benefit the brain long term, so you’re already doing something right. Just out of curiosity, if you don’t mind my asking, what got you into learning Japanese?

2 Likes

will check out pd mangan . my interest for learning japanese comes from my nephew living in nayoga with his wife and japanese son - we visit most years and i like to have a bit of language when i visit some where frequently :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s so cool of you. Does your grandchild speak English too, or just Japanese?