Level 60 in less than a year (350 days)

As my first thread, I’d like to use it to document my milestone. :slightly_smiling_face:

So, today (21/03/2019) I’ve just leveled up to level 60. It’s been 350 days from the time I started (05/04/2018).

These images below will show you how the progress has been done on this journey. :rocket:

By the way, I just moved to Japan yesterday, I hope that helps me to burn all the items. And I’ll do my first job here in April, I hope it won’t hinder me to burn all the items. Hahaha :sweat_smile:

108 Likes

Watches @jprspereira notice that he’s no longer the fastest :eyes:

42 Likes

Oh man… 6d20h… YOUR SLEEP MATE! :joy:

CONGRATULATIONS FOR LEVEL 60! :tada::tada:

Wow, what a journey… and you moved to Japan? Yesterday??? You must be so hyped right now :heart_eyes: How does it feel?

32 Likes

lol Naph defeated me as well. I can think of 2 other people that might have been faster… and 2 other people that will beat me in the future.

message for the haters saying that I brag about being the fastest, pure lieessssssssssssss fiteme

33 Likes

Congratulations! I imagine you woke up in the middle of the night to do those radicals and kanji, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

What happened during level 21? You must feel about that one, I’m sure. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Man that’s amazing. Was there ever a moment where the reviews got crazy and you thought about slowing down?

Congratulations! :birthday::champagne:

8 Likes

Congratulations! :tada::confetti_ball::tada:

4 Likes

B R U H

That’s crazy impressive, such consistency! :bar_chart::durtle_love:

Congratulations on getting to 60, and congrats on the move! Wishing you all the best, enjoy the cake :grin::cake:

21 Likes

I feel great 'cause it helps me to do initial paperwork like getting a resident card (住民票), finding an apartment, etc. I also can finally frequently practice speaking with natives!
Yet, because of the preparation of moving to Japan in the past few days, I’m getting a bunch of reviews and lessons to clear right now.

Yes, I always set the alarm if I have to.

Oh, that was my last week of Internship in Japan! I couldn’t handle it together, so I set WaniKani aside.

Reviews got crazy during level 21 due to the above reason (internship). But, after it ended, I felt the urge to clear all the piles and back to fast pace.
Because I’ve been having a lot of free times in this past year, I can easily dedicate myself to it. I tried my best to avoid slowing down the speed.

8 Likes

Congrats! 350 days is no small feat. Great job and don’t get overwhelmed by all the reviews coming you way. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

congrats!! hell of an achievement!! :tada::confetti_ball::tada:

but reallly keeping that rythm while moving to a different country :anguished::anguished:

I’m doing the exact same, moving in 10 days… and it feels like

imagen

respect … :ok_hand:

15 Likes

Haha, so true. Although it is 12 days for me. I’m doing a lot of lessons now because I know I will slow way down when I get there, but I also know I’m setting up a lot of reviews.

@adeyura Respect. Both for keeping up while moving, but also for the consistency across a whole year. I’ve had a lot of free time too the last six months, but I did not manage to go full speed and be like level 30 now. Well done, and I hope it will all serve you super well in Japan!

2 Likes

Congratulations. The determination to sacrifice sleep to go even faster is far beyond my own. I’ll stick to a full one week cycle, thank you very much. Besides, I like the routine of having my lessons and reviews at fixed days of the week/times.

Still, I can respect the effort you put in.

3 Likes

wow! That’s pretty freaking amazing! Way to go!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s very impressing.
Congratulations! What an incredible speed :hushed:

1 Like

Nice work - it’s definitely an achievement.

I raced through it the same way a few years ago… and now I remember close to nothing, so started back from level 1. If you’re living in Japan hopefully you’ll fare better, but I wouldn’t recommend this approach to other folks unless you can keep up the intensity afterward.

3 Likes

Just curious, did you use Japanese much after finishing WaniKani?

Wow! Extremely impressive! Although, seeing this makes me scared of level 21 :open_mouth:

1 Like

yoooo wot? that’s really impressive! congratulations! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

To be fair, fast levels changed from when he got to 60.

@adeyura Congrats mate, good job

5 Likes