Level 60! I'm so happy

Are you sure you didn’t mean already?

1 Like

In order to level up, you need to guru at least 90 % of the level’s kanji. Usually, you need to guru the radicals first in order to unlock enough kanji to level up. Given the following SRS interval charts:

|SRS Level|Next Level|Total Wait|Review|
—|—|—|—|—|—
|Apprentice 1|4h|-|Lesson|
|Apprentice 2|8h|4h|1|
|Apprentice 3|~1d|12h|2|
|Apprentice 4|~2d|1d 11h|3|
|Guru 1|~1w|3d 10h|4|
|Guru 2|~2w|1w 3d 9h|5|
|Master|~1M|3w 3d 8h|6|
|Enlightened|~4M|7w 5d 7h|7|
|Burned|-|24w 6d 6h|8|

You need 3 days and 10 hours to guru the radicals + 3 days and 10 hours to guru the kanji, leading to a ideal level-up time of 6 days and 20 hours.

However, for some levels (the ones @Arban completed under 5 days), you already unlock more than 90 % of the kanji right away, so the ideal level-up time drops to 3 days and 10 hours, but only for these levels.

2 Likes

I can say that I took N2 right after hitting 60 and passed. Granted I took longer to reach 60 (a year and a half), but I had no background before that. And my vocab score was like 50/60, by far the strongest part. Jah bless wanikani.

5 Likes

Damn, N2 in 18 months is quite impressive. 4 years and still N3…

3 Likes

But you did do grammar and reading and so beside WK right? How much of that (and what), if I may ask?

2 Likes

WOW !

That’s incredible ! well done.

Did you study the kanji in between reviews, or do you just have an awesome memory?

Seriously impressive achievement. :grin:

1 Like

Congrats!
Where’d you find that data?

You just need to enter your API key, which can be found here (scroll down a bit)

2 Likes

Congratulations! The fast levels are no joke. Also impressed that you managed a decent level of grammar at the same time (you might think it wasn’t enough but N3 is way more than I managed). Good luck keeping on. :+1:

All 60 levels in just a year - I don’t know if that is amazing or disgusting. A bit of both I think. Most impressive.

I’ve been living in Japan for two years so it’s kind of cheating haha. But if you push through a little more of WK I’m sure you’ll be at N2 in no time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I live in Japan so I’ve gotten a fair bit of listening and reading exposure through everyday life. Grammar’s hardest for me but I really like the kanzen master books. (And love tae kim for the earlier stuff). Once I finished WK I also started reading harry potter on kindle which has been pretty enjoyable; the built in Japanese->English dictionary makes it very doable.

5 Likes

All you guys living in Japan //jealous
Wanna too!

That being said, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Congratulations!
And omg, such insane dedication, you are my idol :star_struck:
I’m new here btw (my first post). Now I feel even more motivated to work hard

3 Likes

Me too Kalas, but that’s okay, we’ll get there at our own speed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! I hope I’ll get there anytime :sweat_smile:

Guess what!? I’m golden-level-sixty!

11 Likes

Coming back here to report that finally I can see my golden badge on my avatar…

TT____________________________TT

My 1.5 years…
finally…

Huhuhuhuhu…

8 Likes

Very impressive level-up stats. You’re the Holy Crabigator’s favourite disciple.

1 Like

really unbelievable impressive overview! you worked hard for this, congratulations!
may i ask how you can get these stats? is that available as soon as one is a full member?