Well, that took... a long time

Super glad to finally reach level 60, though! I actually started learning Japanese back in 2014 with Textfugu (RIP lol) when I was in my mega weeb phase and kinda just quit, but now I actually live in Japan. I’m really grateful for WaniKani as it has made learning kanji so easy for me. I went from struggling to even understand how to read 人 to feeling really comfortable reading pretty much anything in Japanese. It’s quite a strange feeling getting to lvl 60 as WaniKani has been such a huge part of my life and daily routine for so long and now I’ve reached the end. I never thought I’d even get this far so I’m really happy, but I also realise just how much there is left to learn haha. Anyway, I’m just putting this here as something to look back on as a little reminder of how far I’ve come all these years and to never give up studying Japanese.

And, a big congrats to everyone else who made it to level 60. You should be proud!

57 Likes

I can relate to that a bit, I started with Duolingo like 6 years back, kept at it for like less than a week, and got lazy, came back knowing nothing but what anime has taught me lol.

Ah and of course, congratulations on level 60, get yourself some cake!

7 Likes

Yeah, I get what you mean. I think I retained a fair bit just from watching anime etc. Re-learning felt a lot easier, anyway.

And, thank you :slight_smile: It’s a perfect excuse to eat cake, not that I need one lol.

5 Likes

Amazing job on reaching lv 60! :partying_face: :tada:

Caketime! :cake:

UI8Q7Kj

4 Likes

Congratulations! :crabigator: :cake:

2 Likes

Thank you kindly! I had to settle for ice cream :ice_cream:

3 Likes

ありがとうございます!!

2 Likes

You can never go wrong with ice cream! Well deserved! ^>^