Lesson page, not responding

When I’m busy with the lessons and I want to go next, especially with arrow keys, the page starts bugging, and finally need to close it down.

2 Likes

I can second that. I’ve not experienced that on my PC, but I have in Safari on iOS.

It often takes a second or so to respond to going forward or back between lesson pages and if I switch tabs and goes back, I get it hanging for at least 5s.

I had this issue last night (and made a topic about it), but I deleted it.

I found the issue was resolved, for me at least, by clearing cache and cookies for Wanikani, and closing the tab and re-opening the site in a new tab.

5 Likes

why don’t you use a standards compliant browser then, chump :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wait, is iOS 14 Safari not standards compliant?
(on iPad, which runs desktop as standard)
Also, all iOS browsers are WebKit, so… no alternatives really :stuck_out_tongue:

you could use an ios app instead of the browser

Safari was a little bit infamous for doing it’s own thing…I think they’ve stepped back in line recently though - looks like my iPad is doing better than desktop Firefox for now!

I do, I just Tsurukame, but sometimes I like to do the lessons in browser because it’s less condensed and I can take time per page of the lesson, instead of all on one page.

1 Like

I have nothing real to contribute. I just wanted to write really tiny

3 Likes

Beat me too it. Guess that means I’ll need to do the opposite…

こんにちは、みんなさん!

5 Likes

no need to shout :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think my ears have been damaged

2 Likes

Whatsup with this tiny letters :rofl:

4 Likes

Shhh, we’re whispering

It started with @theghostofdenzo replying to me about something in subtext, so I replied in like.

2 Likes

@theghostofdenzo, @evolutionxbox

大声で話してくすみません

2 Likes

許した

1 Like

分かったら別にいいです。 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This has been happening to me too, Windows 10. I’ll have to close the browser or refresh every other 5 batch, or sometimes every 5 batch of lessons. It’s gotten worse for me within the last 3 or 4 months.

Granted, I’m probably noticing it more since I reset to level 1 recently and have been trying to fly through lessons so when things freeze up I spazz a little

I also really wanted to type small too

頑張って

2 Likes

Have you tried my suggestion?

Sometimes browser extensions can also be a problem, try disabling them and turning them back on one at a time.

I had a issue with grammarly, so I turned it off for Wanikani

I plan on trying all of that, I just won’t have any lessons for a while to see if it works since I just did all 127 of them with the page freezing every 5-10 lessons :upside_down_face:

It’s really not a big deal though, it couldn’t hurt for me to just sloooooowwww doooooowwwwwn