Konnichiwa! ✨ An intro (and Questions about why Leveling is so slow? also, how to Unlock more lessons?)

60? Pffft. I’ll be impressed when you hit 61. :roll_eyes:

Ahhhh congrats! The gold! You’re amazing, you’re awesome, you’re an inspiration, I want to be like you, I love you, I hate you, I’m proud of you, get away from me, GOOOOO MISSMISC!

anime-cheering-gif-12

4 Likes

Aww, thank you :slight_smile:️… being ayadurtled, this was the closest to my usual short comic strips replies…

As for that Habit thing, people use this kanji a lot but I’m not sure about its reading -
The On’yumi reading in RTK claims it’s Rabbit - so I used it and everything seemed fine, it even looked liked I burned it, but then I read that it takes 6 months to get your first burn, so I guess the great Crabigator thought that was a bad habit (bad rabbit?) and it self combust…
Not sure about the Kun’yomi readings either - is it Hobbit or Debit?
Wait there’s another one - わかbit…

(Sorry about that, WaniKani side effects, that’s the part shiny golden 60’s tend to not talk about…)

2 Likes

HAH.

THAAANKS GSIGH, YOU’LL BE GOLDEN ONE DAY TOO I BELIEVE IN YOU :durtle_durtverted_lvl1:

com-add-text%20(3)

2 Likes

Yes this is referred to as Level 60 Deterioration, all the new kanji and vocab you learn start taking over your brain and push out the other things you know, which is why you’ll se e a lot of us making wweir d typoes and slolwly losing our sanity :durtle_durverted_lvl2: without a proper diagnosis and treatment, you’re at risk of bursting out random Japanese words and phrases at inopportune times and scaring off everyone you’ve ever cared about :durtle_yellow_rodent:

3 Likes

Starting with the puns, I hope. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Edit : Oh no, you’re typing. I expect at least 2 puns in the next post… Maybe I’ll just refuse to read it. Yeah, that’s it!

2 Likes

NOT A CHANCE. <3

those have taken permanent hold in my brain, it’s incurable at this stage (I hope you’ll still lobe me though :brain:)

it’s your lucky day, there’s only 1 pun in there

3 Likes

Something isn’t adding up here. :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t make me start posting from the secret file folder I have full of screenshots of puns you’ve made

:sparkling_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Clearly I was on drugs or something for those occurrences. Or temporarily insane. Or something.

3 Likes

Well whatever it was, it was glorious and that was my lucky day, so I went out and bought some scratch offs and won a small loan of 42+ million dollars, I’m actually typing this from the new island I bought :palm_tree::beach_umbrella:

You should reely come join me (whale, only if you want)! You’re shore to have fun here, I can even bring a sturgeon to help you with your mental pun shrimpairment, and then we can do waterever you want! :ocean: :surfing_woman::sunny:

4 Likes

Why… why do you hate me…

NO!

9 Likes

TWINS :two_women_holding_hands:

11 Likes

Hmmm… this is all way too familiar - let mii see:

Checked :white_check_mark:

Checkred :heavy_check_mark:️(Well, a part from the slowly part…)

Double :white_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

Wow, you weren’t just saying that, I’m already showing signs of level 60 deterioration and I’m only level 10!
:crystal_ball: :durtle_hello: you’re a totall seerdurtle!

4 Likes

A huuuuuge congrats!! :smiley: I can see your timeline clear as day, but I can hardly believe how fast you’ve eaten up those levels! Anyone with that kind of determination and endurance is my personal role model. I’m so happy for you that you’ve made it, that glorious level 60. Bask in its glory knowing it was all you who’s achieved this. Just awesome. Keep being awesome!

4 Likes

T-thank you so much! :sob::sparkling_heart: that was so sweet and encouraging, I really appreciate it! :’))

You rock :durtle_love:

5 Likes

Oh my gosh congrats @MissMisc ! You’ve worked super hard and deserve all the cake in the world!
443223d11c9346870b531f09e3a30a35

6 Likes

Well… Maybe not all the cake. I’d like to have a slice on occasion.

4 Likes

AHHH TYSM! ^^ :tada::cake::yellow_heart: :sparkles:

I guess I’ll save some for @Ryouki, I’ll just cut myself one slice
com-resize%20(8)

7 Likes

Congrats! I kept seeing your level climb up there as I lurked about. I feel so slow when I see those charts of how fast everyone levels. I want to go a little faster. Any tips? :wolf:

3 Likes

Don’t worry about how fast other people are going, go at the pace that is comfortable for you. If you really want to go fast, follow this guide https://community.wanikani.com/t/wanikani-is-too-slow-and-the-radicals-are-useless-also-why-cant-i-just-level-up-in-one-day-instead-of-7/27040/51?u=rysingdragon

6 Likes