JLPT 2019!

Failed N3 but no great surprise there. Life very much got in the way of studying. I need to read and understand a lot more.

28 Likes

Passed N3! Thought I’d bombed listening but it was my best score on the test? 戆からăȘい

31 Likes

Passed N1!

42 Likes

I’m in the same boat
 Had loads of time to spare in language knowledge, looked everything over and counted 2 or 3 that I wasn’t sure on. Came to listening and I had no idea what was happening half the time lol. But my scores for those parts are the complete opposite??

11 Likes

My first JLPT test! I am 1.5 years in self-studying Japanese. July N3❀
(during the test be concentrated on the listening part guys)

38 Likes

OMG so um I passed N2??? Are these really my results. Barely did it and I absolutely wasn’t expecting that, but yay!!! :heart_eyes:

My plan is still the same, I think, I will go for N2 again and then N1 in the future!

46 Likes

Passed N2
Pretty pleased as I did not actively study for the test itself - just incidental learning from uni/work.
As expected Listening carried the game while I very slowly get through WK

31 Likes

My first JLPT!

I want to retake it and get a better score in reading. Any tips? I’ve only started using Satori Reader.

34 Likes

What a great score!! Especially after only 1.5 years self study. That is so amazing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yay, I passed N1! It doesn’t quite feel real yet–this was my first JLPT exam and part of me was sure listening doomed the entire effort.

Detailed results

36 Likes

To think I was worried about it too!!! :sweat_smile: It was my first JLPT so I wanted to go for N2 as a safer bet than N1 so I would at least better my chances of having some useful certification. Maybe I should have pushed myself to try!

Congrats to everyone else who’s passed! :smiley:

On to N1!

48 Likes

Passed my N5 and very surprised with my listening! I wasn’t sure how I did on the day and my studies since the exam have been less than before because I felt a little defeated but now I’m feeling very motivated to get going for the N4!

Congratulations to everyone whether you passed or not. It was my first experience of the JLPT and I know everyone must have gave it there all! If you passed, onto the next one (unless you passed N1!) and if not, you’ll smash the exam next time!

28 Likes

Passed N5, although not quite as emphatically as I had hoped. It was a good experience though and I can start planning for N4 in December now.

28 Likes

Join all the bookclubs XD

You can see what may happen if you look at @Kyasurin’s perfect reading score

16 Likes

Jesus that is the best score I’ve ever seen :sob:

8 Likes

Yay, I passed N3!
Not with flying colors, but I literally didn’t practice anything, and a pass is a pass, so I’m happy.
This way I’ll maybe try N2 this December.

31 Likes

To everyone who is surpirsed to get much higher/lower scores than expected, a reminder about Dunning–Kruger effect :wink:

24 Likes

Uh, I’ll take it xD Need to work on my grammar/vocab the most which is not too surprising
 :thinking:

32 Likes

“Dispair” instead of “Despair” in that graph hurts me emotionally.

20 Likes

Wow, how did you manage full score on reading? :slight_smile:
I’m a complete opposite, got the lowest score for reading and the full score for Language knowledge. I just didn’t have time for a few questions in the end

Do you read lots of stuff?

3 Likes