JLPT 2019!

I fell asleep. Woke up again though! I passed N2 with 128/180 points!

40 Likes

Passed N2! 141/180. Man! Was it difficult.

37 Likes

Chiming in with another N2 Pass :slight_smile:

43 Likes

I passed!

Thought I wasnā€™t gonna pass because of listening but I got it!

39 Likes

Missed by 1 point on N4 - 89/180. Ugh! It was the listening section that killed me. Congratulations to all who passed!

25 Likes

Family JLPT Results:

Daddy (me): N3 FAILā€¦ 84/180 (ouch!) but ā€œAā€ on vocab - thanks Wanikani! No big shocker - I was way in over my head.

Daughter: N2 PASS!! 132/180 overall

Son: N2 PASS!! 132/180 overall.

The equal scores between kids amused us all. My son did better on vocab and worse on reading compared to my daughter. They both got 60/60 on listening, which is no shocker since they are more conversationally fluent.

51 Likes

I passed N5. I did about as well on the listening section as I expected, but Iā€™m disappointed with my language knowledge/reading score. Oh well, time to start studying for N4 in December.

32 Likes

just barely passed n1!!! this feels like a stroke of luck more than anything but Iā€™ll take a pass over a fail :joy:

47 Likes

I would like to thank you, wonderful WK Book Club friends, for your help in this result. :heart_eyes:

54 Likes

Oh man, look at all those passes!! Congratulations to everyone!! :blush:

13 Likes

You all suck. Iā€™ll be re registering for it this year.

12 Likes

Passed N1!!! (āŒ’ā–½āŒ’) not too happy with 117/180 but Iā€™ll take it haha.

42 Likes

Congratulations everyone who took the test - pass or fail. Itā€™s a huge achievement to study for the JLPT no matter what. :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Passed N5!! Iā€™m really happy but not too satisfied with the score tbh. Well, Iā€™ll have to do better on the N4 :grin:

Congrats to anyone who passed! And to those who didnā€™t, your efforts werenā€™t for nothing, on to the next one!

35 Likes

Not part of WaniKaniā€™s community but Iā€™ve been reading this thread during the weeks leading to D-day. Didnā€™t think I would make it, but as it turned outā€¦

My best advice for the N1 is, grab a book series like Kanzen Master or Nihongo Sou Matome, divide the books in parts and write yourself a study plan for the whole year (cause thereā€™s hell to cover). Add every new word of vocabulary and every new grammar point you meet as a sentence in a flashcard, using a software like Anki. If you can, use a text-to-speech software to convert that sentence into a spoken mp3 too. The Anki decks I built have by now more than 6000 sentences. Wake up with a 10-min Japanese podcast, go to sleep reading one Japanese news article. Consistency throughout the year is the key to success.

Cheers to everybody who succeeded and hugs to everybody who will have to wait until next time! Now on my way to parteeey!

50 Likes

I passed the N5! I did about as I expected. I need more listening practice :sweat_smile:. But Iā€™m still super happy with my results and already thinking about the next test. Congrats to everyone that took the test!

32 Likes

60/60 reading! Noice! :durtle_noice:

20 Likes

Passed N3! :smiley:
And I didnā€™t expect to have 60/60 for Vocab/Grammar.
Reading is still lagging behind thoughā€¦ Need to practice before N2 this year :wink:

36 Likes

HAHAHA I went gambling and I won by the skin of my teethe. I couldnā€™t read a solid third of the questions since I was only level 6. I credit my ass-saving listening score to the power of God and anime. Donā€™t do this guys, do your kanjis

37 Likes

Passed N2 (not by much, but Iā€™ll take it :laughing:)!

I was really surprised by the scoring. I thought I did horrible in listening and I actually thought I might have done better in language knowledgeā€¦ (think it might have been some grammar questions that let me down here). Reading seems about right Iā€™d sayā€¦ (which is awful, because Iā€™ve actually been reading quite a lot last year :joy: )

Anyway, plan is to take N1 in July and, if I fail that, again in December.

I also realised something this morning. This year is my 10 year studying Japanese anniversary. Mind you, a large majority of that time I didnā€™t do any Japanese and a large majority of the remaining time I only did WaniKani because I didnā€™t like numbers piling up. But still, itā€™s weird seeing that 10 years ago in August, I officially learnt my first Japanese anything. Would be amazing if I passed the N1 in July (not convinced, but hereā€™s to hoping, hey? :joy:)

38 Likes