JLPT 2019!

Haha, indeed! I didn’t notice it when copying from Wikipedia…
I fixed it now :wink:

18 Likes

Congratulations on passing the test… I am sorry if this feels inappropriate, you took N5 with 60 levels of WK! why why… just curious.

2 Likes

Congrats on full score in language knowledge! I don’t think I’ll ever reach that in any JLPT test xD I hate cramming grammar so what’s your secret?
No, I didn’t actually read that much because it still feels too hard and I have to look up every second word ^^; I do play Pokemon in Japanese though but I gloss over a lot of things when I don’t understand them so I can’t imagine that that helped…

2 Likes

I’m surprised by it too! I was always thinking wouldn’t it be nice if I could get 60 on one of the categories, then I’d be like “nah no way that’s unrealistic, hopefully I just pass” but it really worked out :flushed:

Also, nice to see you repping Canada in Japan too!

3 Likes

After running out of time on D-day and bubbling straight 1’s on the first half of the reading questions this happened
I think I’ll worship RNGesus in addition to the Crabigator from now on.

32 Likes

Hi all, I would need some help… I don’t have my voucher with me currently and don’t want to wait 12h to check my results… did someone take the JLPT in Stuttgart and could give me the associated code so I can reconstruct my registration number? ^^’
It would avoid me going insane ^^

And congrats to all those who passed. If you failed, 頑張ってください

4 Likes

OMG - what happened to that 1 point???

Seriously though - what an amazing result!

5 Likes

Wow! That’s a great score but I feel they could have given you the extra one haha

5 Likes

I see, gaming in Japanese probably helped a lot with reading speed!

As for grammar I xid a few pages of Shink Kanzen Master Grammar N4 and N3 almost every day every starting 3 months before the test. Really recommend that book.

3 Likes

Sure my ID was
19B6150201-XXXXX
Does that help you ?

2 Likes

Hahaha I think 勇ましい and 政治色 got me! Why aren’t they in Wanikani!!!
Though I guess 勇む is so maybe its time to go through Wanikani one more time for good measure? :laughing:

4 Likes

They knew if I got a perfect score I wouldn’t be able to stop showing off! I guess it had to be done! :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Well, time to eat my words, because It seems that I passed.
Say what?

I PASSED N3! :open_mouth:
104/180 so not that great, but hey, I passed.
I must have guessed correctly on a lot of listening because that ended up the highest.

Vocab/grammar: 27/60 (I bet all 27 were in kanji)
Reading: 37/60
Listening 40/60
Total 104/180

I’m still a bit flabbergasted to be honest. Did not expect to pass. So, I’ll do the N3 again in July. And then aim for max points.

OMG I PASSED! :partying_face:

edit, Here’s a picture for proof (that I need to look at every minute because I still don’t believe it)

35 Likes

Finally passed N3! :slight_smile: Super relieved about it (well, actually more relieved that i don’t have to retake it again this summer…).
Now on to N2. Gotta join a book club or something because, man, I am one slow reader…

24 Likes

WOW what an awesome score!! I can’t believe you were worried about it, you did awesomely well!!

Congratulations to you and everyone who passed! :partying_face::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

A fellow Canuck! Toronto, Van city, or Montreal?
And you live in Mito, that’s awesome! I went there to tour the Tengu natto factory during my first year in Japan.

You going to try for N1 in December? I’m debating on whether I can make the jump from 2 to 1 in only a year…but with your score, you could probably manage it I reckon

2 Likes

Yes, herzlichen Dank! I could connect and I passed N4! (Yeah I know, Lv. 60 and still N4, but hey, I don’t have much time to study). The listening part scared the hell of me, but I managed to reach 28 / 60 on that.

13 Likes

I passed N1!

37 Likes

Oh gosh, I feel you :joy: I look at mine from time to time still thinking “did I..really? HUH” xD

6 Likes

Congratulations!

Sadly, I failed :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes