Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

漢字を思い出し易くない。

2 Likes

「最近」、コンサートを見に行っていましたが。。。
。。。「最近」はコロナの時前です。詰まり、三年前です。^^"

I’ve been working with 〜て forms a bit lately and I’m starting to have a feeling that ずっと愛してる actually describes a state and might be more akin to “X has loved Y for so long”, with some anchoring in the past so perhaps to better emphasize the “will” part, one should probably use いつも愛する or いつまで愛する.

今夜は早く起きなければならない最終の夜だから、明日この文よりいいことが書けます。

1 Like

今週は 楽器が住んで学期が終わって、もう論文を書くことが先延ばしにしています。論文は難しくて長すぎです!

1 Like

Was this supposed to be 学期が済んで ?

And if yes, 終わる is probably a better verb to use than 済む.

済む is used to say that processes or actions are finished, like 仕事, 手続き, etc. rather than time periods. 終わる can be used for both actions and time periods.

3 Likes

Whoops big typo! Yes, I did mean 学期が済んで. Thanks for the tip about 終わる, I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like

日本語が少しわかります。

2 Likes

第三課の文法:

1)~他に(も); ~他(に)は

1.働く他は、何も知らない。

2.名所に観光する他に、地元民を話し写真を撮り歴史的なところを勉強します。

3.状況が難しい他に、社員は不幸し、何人か人は仕事に辞めました。

1 Like

I’ll cross post in the language thread then. When I did extra research on it, I found people used ずっと as a way to imply more like “forever and always” to a degree and that いつも can mean closer to “every time” and “usually.” With the sentence being a quotation, I’m not sure how that plays into the nuance.

1 Like

新しシャツを買うつもりはなかったが、これは可愛すぎて買っちゃいました。

1 Like

日本の本を読む必要だと思います。読みたい漫画がいくつかあります。

1 Like

第三課の文法:

2)(~と)同じ{ぐらい/くらい}

1.自分のちんちんに掃除することが知らない人と小学校五年生トップ2は同じぐらいあほかもしれません。

2.イエス・キリストの誕生日とサートゥルナーリア祭はほとんど同じぐらい日です。

3.象は三台半車同じぐらい重いです。

今日仕事は大変で疲れたから、簡単な文しかを書かないよね。もちろん、YOASOBIを聞く時間がいつでもあるよ。:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

今週トラックは店に遅く二回着いたから今日私は残業しなければなりませんでした。

子供の時、お父さんは民間放送局で働いていた。最高の音工学者だったよ。:slight_smile:

EDIT: Fixed thanks to @yamitenshi

2 Likes

The ~ている form conjugates like ichidan verbs, so this should be 働いていた

1 Like

Genius me :smiley: . I keep making this mistake over and over. Thanks!

1 Like

この文は正しいですか?:

貴方に心を失った。

I feel like that’s probably too literal a translation - but other sayings sometimes have literal counterparts in Japanese, so maybe this one does as well. A google search for the phrase 心を失う doesn’t seem to give me any results that don’t use a compound ending in 心 though, which suggests to me it’s at least not commonly used that way - but maybe my Google-fu doesn’t translate so well to Japanese.

One thing I’m fairly sure of: あなた isn’t commonly written in kanji. It’s not wrong per se, but it’s more commonly written in kana alone.

As for the 心を失った part, what exactly do you mean to express? If it’s about losing your love for someone, I figure maybe 失恋した is a better fit. If it’s about losing hope, 希望を失った or 希望を捨てた could be more fitting (the second is more giving up hope than it is losing hope, I guess, but the two are heavily similar in meaning with a difference in nuance, I feel).

2 Likes

新しいトレイルを見つけいました。明日トレイルに自転車を乗るに行きます。

1 Like