Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

The plain form of “to find” is 見付ける so it would be 見付けました or 見付けていました if you want to use the 〜て form.

乗る is intransitive so it would be 自転車に乗る (to ride a bike). Also, the stem of 乗る is 乗り. So it would be kind of like this:
トレイルに自転車に乗りに行きます
I’m going to ride my bicycle along/down the track/trail.

1 Like

第三課の文法:

3)名詞 + 型

1.新型のグラフィックスカードは高値し店に少ない。

2.電子型本とか普通本とかどちら方がいいですか。

3.十八世紀型の洋服はとても贅沢し色々と細かい刺繍がありました。かっこいいね。

1 Like

昨日の晩で遅く起きたから今日本語で何も面白いことを考えられません。

1 Like

Thank you! I keep thinking that 乗る is transitive for some reason.

I think it being or not being transitive might be a little misleading, apologies. The “exiting” verbs like 出る and 降りる are also intransitive, but they can use を to mark the object on which exiting is done. 乗る doesn’t, but it might have more to do with it being a motion verb, not sure.

2 Likes

私は役立たずの人がじゃない

I’m not a useless person.

役立たず means useless or good for nothing.

2 Likes

A little convo practice from げんき
A:このクラスについてどう思いますか。
B:面白くて、楽しいですが、時々大変だと思います。好きですのに。

1 Like

昨日は、沢山本を買っちゃいました。

Yesterday I bought a lot of books!

っちゃいました/ っちゃった is used to give the feeling that the action has been made on impulse.

5 Likes

Oh, I need to use this

この週末、たくさんのジョジョくじ(ジョジョの奇妙な冒険の宝くじ)を買っちゃた。ヤバイ。。。 今は四枚のグラス皿がある。全部のツイッターの腐女子もたくさんのジョジョくじを買った。メルカリに欲しくないくじ売る。欲しくないくじは僕が欲しいくじだ。もちろん。安値も。ぴえん。可哀想な財布。。。

This weekend, I bought a lot of JoJo lottery tickets. Yikes… Now I have 4 glass plates. All the Twitter fujoshi also bought lots of tickets. On Mercari, they’re selling the things they don’t want. The things they don’t want are yhe things I want. Of course. At cheap prices too. :pleading_face: my poor wallet.

3 Likes

最初のエピソードの「イジらないで、長瀞さん」がとても好きだった

2 Likes

私の犬が泥で転んだから、お風呂をあげました。かわいそう。。。

3 Likes

ネットで買ったレギンスは大き過ぎて、縫製に小さくしました。

1 Like

第三課の文法:

4)それに

1.スペインとアメリカ、それに日本はフイリピンに乗り取りました。だから、国の文化は他の国の文化にを借りました。

2.日本は四つ季節があります。春、夏、秋、それに冬です。

3.僕の一番大好きな日本の時代は平安時代です。美しい小説と詩と着物、それに、細かくて箱的なお鎧だから。

1 Like

数年前スポーツ以外のテレビをあまり見なくなりました

なくなる

A few years ago, I stopped watching much TV other than sports.
なくなる: “to no longer do/be”. Formed per above with verbs and い-adjectives; nouns and な-adjective stems take では- or じゃ- to form a negative with ~なくなる. Emphasizes a process or turning point more than simply using もう with a negative to say “not ___ anymore.”

2 Likes

普通は毎朝コーヒーを飲むけど、今日紅茶を飲もうと思います。

2 Likes

公園で子供にかくれんぼをさせた。

結局、留学生にノートを写させる。

誤って食料品を腐らせました。

I wanted to practice causative inflections. ^-^

1 Like

第三課の文法:

5)~(の)なら

1.空港で*会えないなら、連絡してください。

2.過去に行けるなら、どちらの*時代を選びますか。

3.この本を理解できない*なら、他の本を読もうとします。

*corrected thanks to Leebo! Thank you!

2 Likes

彼は眼鏡をかけている人だから、頭がいいと思った。実は、頭が絶対よくないんだよ。まるごと最後のテストを失敗した。。。

I just started working through もう and まだ in Genki and I have an impression that your original suggestion with 〜たことがある/〜たことがない makes the most sense. The past progressive with まだ〜ていない seems like something one would use to talk about past events which can be completed (drinking coffee, reading a book, etc.) and “I haven’t used this grammar structure yet” is more of a general expression which fits the “experience” context of 〜たことがある.

I figure まだ〜ていない is more of a “I haven’t had breakfast yet” kind of deal, but it could be applied to using grammar points as well as sort of an offhand “oh I know about it, I just haven’t gotten around to using it in a sentence yet” kind of thing, I guess.

But if you’re attaching some significance to whether or not you’ve used a grammar point in practice, まだ〜たことがない may well be a better fit. In all honesty though, I think in this particular case either will bring your point across and it doesn’t matter all that much which you use.

そうだね!眼鏡をかけている人は頭がいいと考えられている。だけど、僕も眼鏡をかけている人なのに、頭があまり良くないよ。いつも忘れた物がある。

〜と考えられている

〜と考えられている means “is considered …” or “is thought of as …”

It would also be possible to use 〜と思われている with the same meaning, or 〜とされてい with roughly the same meaning but carrying the nuance of being a generally accepted consensus across a large number of people. In this case I think that doesn’t fit very well, since most people know people with glasses aren’t actually smarter than others.

1 Like

I’m guessing this should be 空港で会えない? Generally speaking things marked by に with 会う are animate things you can interact with. Using で would be “meet at the airport” as opposed to に and “meet the airport.”

どちら and 時代 would need to be connected with の

I’m not sure what you meant to say by 本に理解しない. If you meant “do not understand (this) book” then この本を理解しない would be the right particle, but I feel like できない would be more natural than しない as well.

2 Likes