It's That WaniKani Sale Time (Dec 18, 2018 - Jan 8, 2019)

Hook, line, and sinker…you got me this time. Guess I have to chug along at a regular pace now :wink: paid for itself with all the valuable advice and time I’ve already been lurking here. Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

@koichi I’m a lifer now.

Number 6: Where am I?
Number 2: In the Village.
Number 6: What do you want?
Number 2: Information.
Number 6: Whose side are you on?
Number 2: That would be telling. We want information… information… information.

5 Likes

I’m bad with discipline. I kept myself going with WK for about a year and a half. Then there was a power outage in our area for a few days and I was unable to access my stuff. When I got access, I had lost focus and motivation. Imagine that. A 365+ day train cut short by a mere 48 or so hours of inaccessibility. I don’t like my brain sometimes.

But I am using this as an excuse to get back into it. Got Lifetime. Been a while since I touched WK. There’s probably going to be a lot of reviews, but at some point I put it into Vacay Mode and I have been ever grateful. Gonna get a lot wrong. Gonna spend a lot of time on this level. That’s fine.

I told myself I would reach Level 60 and I meant it.

8 Likes

Just remebered to get my lifetime!! on the last day too. wooohhhh

4 Likes

I don’t regret anything! Me can finally sit back and enjoy this for life now. Praise the WK.

3 Likes

I did it! Finally!

6 Likes

Hi guys, I’m a lifer now, too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Absolutely love Wanikani for its cleverness and humor. I can’t imagine myself learning kanji without it. Thanks so much WK team, and especially you, @koichi ! You’re the real MVP. :star:

10 Likes

Aaaaaah I did it, I’m actually a WK lifer! Well, how could I not choose team Crabigator?! Hello everyone :smiley:

6 Likes

God I’ve already spent more than 200 dollars on WK due to being shit slow and the least motivated person ever, despite actually moving to Japan in November 2015, but I’ve bitten the bullet because if I had spent another 200 dollars before hitting level 60 I would cry.

So, naturally, despite being billed and everything, I’m still showing as blue. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

I believe a few people said logging in and out should do it

1 Like

YASSSSS. PURPLE AT LAST! :smiley:

2 Likes

yo, just purchased it barely before the sale ends, I had to ask my father for international purchase and luckily it’s the day my father visited me :slight_smile: happy to be a lifetimer!

so is it purple yet? edit: wha it is not purple yet…

1 Like

See my post above :slight_smile:

Went to the purple side in the final hours of the sale and am looking forward to the adventure ahead with y’all!

2 Likes

you’re right! I’m on the purple side now!

1 Like

Hello there! Joining the purple ranks!

2 Likes

@koichi, We are trying to translate the Crabigator’s Book to English. Please help us!

1 Like

I found in my mailbox the following:

So, I wanted to give you a heads up on a prophecy I overheard the higher-ups talking about: It’s said that this year’s Lifetime membership sale will be from December 18, 2019 to January 8, 2020 and it will be $100 (33%) off. Between paying for these robes, t-shirts, dues, room, board, and with 50% of my salary earmarked towards “Crabigatorism,” this discount will really be a crab-send to my finances, not to mention my Japanese studies.

Whereas the price tag is still $199. Should I assume $100 was a real offer I got

That means a discount of $100 from $300 to $200. There’s more on this year’s thread
But good luck and welcome to the forums!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.