Is there something you know you should practice but you don't?

Same. 10 characters.
speaking too

Why?

6 Likes

Shadowing. I used to do a fair bit of it but don’t anymore. I said in my study log that I’d make a plan to fit it in more this week so I’m working on that.

Writing real sentences. I try to fit in a fair bit of handwriting/kanji stroke practice but I barely ever write. I should keep a journal but don’t.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I used to write a weekly diary to practice my proactive recall for vocab, grammar and kanji but quickly feel out with that after being in on and off lockdown since March. There’s only so much you can talk about workwise and what you do without leaving your house ;_;

1 Like

Listening, speaking, reading books, shadowing and creating my own sentences. There’s just not enough time right now…

Why not😋 10 characters🤣

1 Like

I think the thing I’m working on the least is vocab outside of what WaniKani gives you… I am slogging through Genki at snails pace, but it’s better then not doing anything at all :see_no_evil:

I’m getting a bachelor in Japanese this semester. I should practice more Japanese

6 Likes

The mother scolded the child
The child was scolded by the mother

I don’t want to talk about it.
It makes my brain hurt.

1 Like

Speaking, listening, and producing my own Japanese. Pretty much the only thing I’m somewhat okay at is reading, and I’m not even great at that. I just started reading my first light novel and I’m not even 20 pages in yet and it’s been hell. I’m over 3 years in at this point and I can tell this is going to be a long journey…

3 Likes

I need to practice reading. I’m kind of at a place where my grammar’s still not great but I know a lot of kanji, so if only there were simple books that used Kanji I’d be golden but all the ones written like I can understand don’t use any. I’m trying to play through Pokémon Ranger in Japanese. I didn’t know until I bought the game that it’s 100% in hiragana/katakana. I can read some, enough to kind of know where to go, but a lot of it is completely unintelligible. Just long strings of kana. Doesn’t help that I don’t know any of the Pokémon’s’ names.

1 Like

Speaking T_T… But I want to finish Wanikani first T_T … I have a language partner and his English is way better than my Japanese, it is so embarassing. >__<

Speaking to real alive humans.

1 Like

Zenbu :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Tried that and it seems useful. However, word of warning. I was answering using Japanese keyboard on iPhone and all the answers were coming up as false. I was puzzled as they looked this same as the answer given. Eventually I swapped to using English keyboard and then those answers were accepted.

Here’s one specifically from Genki. Self-study Room | Genki-Online

They also have a bunch of videos and other resources that go along with the textbooks.

1 Like

Yep. 100% speaking. I’m more just more comfortable sitting at home studying or immersing tbh. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I’ll look into that as a Japanese keyboard should be working also.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.