Is there anything similar to WaniKani but for Korean Language?

Hello. I’m just wondering if there are any website similar to WaniKani to learn Korean.

1 Like

You can just use Anki + certain add-ons to give it the WK feel, I think.
I saw an Anki deck which had certain add-ons or CSS stuff (idk much about this) which attempted to cover WK and give the WK feel. So, I guess the same can be done for Korean.

You’ll have to make the vocabulary part yourself though.

I think Korean doesn’t use kanji (anymore) though, so would you really need it? Don’t you only have to study the syllabary (for reading)?

Korean Hanja is very rarely used, so there is no need to learn any characters other than Hangeul, which is very simple.

If you’re looking for a way to learn vocabulary with an SRS based system, an Anki deck is a good way to go.

2 Likes

Use Anki and choose the decks that interest you :slight_smile:

https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/korean

화이팅!

1 Like

Wait… this site wasn’t teaching me Korean?! What did I spend three years learning then?!

chiya-shocked

27 Likes

악어 게 .com?
agokei .com?

Jokes, I dont know if the link valid (probably not), but i wouldn’t advise going. I don’t know korean (at all) but i looked it up in a dictionary and thats alligator and crab mashed together :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to learn Korean after Japanese. The TV and Moves production quality are top notch. I watched one the other day on japan netflix - killer toon or something and was quite impressed. Apparently learning from Japanese they have quite a bit in common. I’ve also heard Korean is easier to learn, but much more harder to actually speak.

Are you trying to learn Korean and Japanese at the same time? I once went to watch this film on japanese netflix and it was keep switching between korean and japanese, it messed with my head so much as the subtitles was in japanese that I turned it off.

1 Like

https://kitsun.io/ works in a similar way.

You can make your own deck based off a text book or Vocab list and study it.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for your reply

1 Like

It’s blissfully easy to learn how to read Hangul. Easier than learning the kana, even. I spent just over a week learning how to read it and now I’m stuck with that knowledge in my brain even over a year later and limited exposure to it. There’s some weirdness but there are rules or reasons for it that make actual sense for the most part.

They have some interesting sounds that don’t quite have analogues in English, plus some similar-but-different sounds that can be difficult to differentiate for non-native speakers (or that was my experience anyway.)

That said my Korean vocab is extremely limited to very basic pleasantries (hello/goodbye, thank you, please), numbers (two sets! Well, one set and just enough in the other one that I could ask for a table for up to four people, or ask for four of something) and some of my favourite foods. Nothing that constitutes being an expert in the language or how to learn it beyond the reading-Hangul stage.

2 Likes

This is a good site for learning Korean! https://www.howtostudykorean.com

There are also links for deck the follow the lesson on there.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.