I don't appreciate that WK is trying to teach me Japanese

I’m working really hard on studying Japanese and I just don’t appreciate how WK is teaching me Japanese. Like, how dare they. Here I am trying to learn Japanese and they just keep throwing Japanese in my face. It’s very rude. If this keeps up I’m going to call the kanji police.

oh hi mark

this is sarcasm, in case it wasn’t obvious, I’m just very tired of a million threads like this, thank you for coming to my ted talk

115 Likes

When WK teaches me something new, they are basically telling me that I don’t know Japanese to my face. That makes me sad, and angry. Because I want to think that I already know Japanese. So I really think they should fix that in the next update.

112 Likes

Do they still do those so called “updates”?

19 Likes

All the Japanese WK keeps giving me is really distracting me from the German I came here to learn.

44 Likes

And then, all of this darned kanji crap they keep cramming down out throats!

We should stage a coup, and be done with it all!

Make Wanikani great again!

20 Likes

Considering the timing I can’t help but feel I helped inspire this thread of hilarity.
An optimist would say that they are laughing at me but at least I’ve made them laugh.

6 Likes

What the hell is “Japanese”?

35 Likes

It might have been a partial motivator for me to finally make this thread, but you are the least of what this thread is about, don’t worry.

5 Likes

I came to study Japanese. Why the heck do I have to study Chinese?

47 Likes

I just learned the word for sarcasm. 皮肉

26 Likes

I think it’s a type of food.

10 Likes

i sometimes have trouble recalling the correct meaning of kanji. also the reading. also for radicals and vocab. isn’t there a script or something that can input the right answer for me, when i don’t know myself? thanks.

30 Likes

That’s only for people who can’t say “v” in Javanese.

16 Likes

Seriously, I come here to be able to watch my favorite anime fluently but I can’t level up in 1 hour??? SO SLOOOOOOOOW. Help???

19 Likes

As a once in a lifetime opportunity, I am willing to share here my secret for becoming fluent in one day. I have been studying this issue for a lifetime, and finally, I, along with a group of dedicated scientists and researchers, have landed on the system that will get you fluent in less than 24 hours!!

https://www.latlmes.com/breaking/japanese-in-one-day-1

43 Likes

Areegatouu goes-eyemass for this-desu!

13 Likes

If I had decent editing skills I would change C++ and its references to Japanese.
But I don’t. :frowning: Also I’m lazy.

8 Likes

I came here to learn Javanese.

13 Likes

Are Kanji really of any use? :thinking: I came here to study radicals.

Also why does WK only go up to 477 radicals? Why doesn’t it also teach cuneiform??

23 Likes

Wanikani teaches Japanese? Thats amazing… I thought it only taught pictogram about Nickolas Cage and Charlie Sheen and stuff like that? Some same very out there…

18 Likes