I don't appreciate that WK is trying to teach me Japanese

WAIT AN HOUR… WANIKANI ISNT A LANGUAGE?!?!

35 Likes

konnichiwhat’s up with that

26 Likes

Of course not. This is an instructional Lithuanian Basket weaving website

13 Likes

I also hate that below each vocab there are these “context sentences” written in signs I really don’t understand - it is just phrases of nonsense, what’s up with that? It’s soooo disturbing!

8 Likes

Why is it that sometimes when I learn a word it uses different readings than they listed before for the kanji? It’s like they’re making this stuff up as they go along and keep forgetting their own backstories.

If “Wanikani” can’t keep track of their own lore how the hell do they expect to produce a decent story; let alone one anyone can follow?!?

14 Likes

seriously, the nerve on some people. I pay good money to be told I am smart, I did not sign up to learn new things! Obviously I know the kanji for police, I’m just too smart to use it right now.

13 Likes

Additional Problems:

1. Everyone is way too helpful. This results in weak Japanese speakers. From now on, there should be a small credit card charge for every time anyone requests help from the group.
  2. More importantly, SRS research indicates that rather than awards like sprinkly bells for correct answers, there should be punishments for incorrect answers. Kanji learning would be much more effective here if there were more competition, and more negative results for incorrect answers and sub-standard work.
  3. Hence, we have developed a new system to be introduced next week . We are currently crowdsourcing a new Negative Reinforcement device known as Gutie’s Thumb Drive:

The device conveniently charges in a USB port. Each time that your performance falls below a certain level, you will lose a finger.

Learning is expected to improve by drastic amounts.

32 Likes

I just add a synonym for what I think the word should mean. That way I don’t fail them. I’d be level 60 by like Tuesday if WK wasn’t holding back on the lessons to get more money.

17 Likes

Also, it’s inadmissible that WK forces us to constantly have to add synonyms (not to mention their synonym limit). Like, how could you not have guessed that the answer I was giving in here was correct??

26 Likes

Well, that one’s clearly “fish” and “shi”. Fishy. Sigh. Add a synonym.

16 Likes

didn’t realize which thread i was in and remembering that screenshot immediately went “really? AGAIN? learn to type, man, jeez …” :laughing:

10 Likes

I’m level 60, but I checked WK a couple weeks ago and I had 700 reviews waiting! First you tell me I’m done learning Japanese, then you tell me I’m only getting 10% correct on vocab I already learned! Make up your mind WK!

Don’t even get me started on these 20 lessons that came out of nowhere

23 Likes

If you don’t know, guess ‘action’

20 Likes

I completely agree. WaniKani is absolutely useless. I’m just going to quit now and achieve fluency by reading Amazon reviews, which is definitely more efficient.

21 Likes

vous bist ein sombrero wearring dumkof da. このサイトdas ist esperanto ,capice?

11 Likes

Wait so you’re saying that I actually have to log on and do reviews every day? I thought I just had to pay money and the kanji would be immediately burned into my brain! This is false advertising, scams like this shouldn’t be allowed to exist.

14 Likes

This site doesn’t even work properly!!!
No matter how many times I type “にん、じん” into the bar it won’t accept it!! :rage:
Not to mention the fact it won’t let me get pass Level 3. This website is so bugged!
I mean, what even is SRS? Stable Rhinoceres Sticks? Straws Raise Stairways!??? Just a way to get more money out of me I expect :smirk:
I decided to try this site out just for fun, and I’ve gotta say I’m very disappointed. I’ve been doing this a whole hour and I still can’t read French :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

14 Likes

And the well-known bug WK refuses to fix no matter how many times it’s reported. You can’t even put in にゆう for 入 like it says to. Luckily someone figured out a workaround.

16 Likes

com

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I’m 10000000000000%%%%% sure I know more about Japan than you :relieved: I mean, I’ve watched videos about Japan, so I automatically know more. Your fox profile picture tells me you’re obviously from Chile so I don’t need some non-Igirisu (Japan in Japanese, since you probably don’t know) PLEB telling me about a country I think I’m going to live in, a country in which you obviously do not live in.
I mean, if you’re so good, why aren’t you level 70 yet, huh??? I have you know I am actually PART JAPANESE as my great-great-great-great grandfather shook hands with a Chinese man who once read a Japanese novel. Sorry, but I rest my case :v:
Come back to me when you’re actually fluent in the mangas

27 Likes