How to determine which level you are on

Hi all,

Am I currently on Level 1 or Level 2? I don’t recall any notification saying that I levelled up and would be surprised if I am on level 2 because I seem to get a lot of answers incorrect :joy: but my dashboard has ‘Level 2’ on it

Thanks

I

1 Like

1 Like

If your dashboard says you’re level 2, you’re level 2 :slight_smile: You don’t really get any kind of notification for leveling up, but I think there is a script for that if you want one

3 Likes

Thanks guys

I couldn’t believe I could level up getting so many answers wrong!!

2 Likes

Except the level-up emails from Koichi?

5 Likes

That’s not really the kind of instantaneous notification I’m assuming they were talking about though, since they’re late most of the time and you have to check something other than wanikani itself for them. But yeah, I did forget about them and they are still something. The actual main wanikani site doesn’t really make it all that clear that you’ve leveled up though

5 Likes

How about the instant 80 lessons? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Yeah, those are a pretty good indicator, but I figured that wouldn’t be very obvious for someone who just leveled up from 1 to 2 like in this case :woman_shrugging:

And I’m probably personally to used to having seen the 42+ in the past to have thought of that, but I guess it’s a pretty good way to see that you’ve leveled up now that that’s gone :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You don’t get that if you just have a few kanji left to guru

6 Likes

To me it’s odd that WK removed the level display on the dashboard, then ignores all feedback to put it in, and also doesn’t explain the rationale of removing it. :man_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Could they be gearing up to remove levels? That would involve a lot of effort around restructuring the spacing of unlocks. They should have years of usage data to work with. Maybe they’ve found a better way…

5 Likes

hey, this may be a stupid question, but I don’t have that “review timeline” and I don’t really know if it’s an error or something (??
Also, congrats on leveling up!

It’s a script, you can probably either try to find it yourself or wait until someone else, or me but later, gives you a link to it

1 Like
5 Likes

Not impossible, but I’m sure durtles are going to revolt over this.

3 Likes

Only the millennial durtles. Everyone else only revolts over taxation without representation and the winner of Drag Race. But, there is a plus side if they do. We’ll be able to say “millennials are revolting” with a plausible escape route.

2 Likes

Welcome Markturkenburg!

1 Like

I thought I would see here some test or something :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.