How Do You Change Your Forum Title?

I searched everywhere and I didn’t find the answer to this. How in the hell does one change the title?

I only have one and I don’t even remember when I got it. I feel some of the titles are actually custom-made(judging from what I have seen with people on the forum). Is there even a list of titles that we can check somewhere?

I checked my settings->preferences but I don’t see anything special…

2 Likes

We don’t talk about sect names custom titles.

9 Likes

先生, did I step on a land mine?

It’s an old inside joke. The FAQ used to say to not ask about sect names (that’s what they were called before moving to Discourse). Failing to do so would all but guarantee to get a weird one picked by the staff.
When they moved to Discourse, things got a bit easier, since some badges give you usable titles as well, such as my “Angry Aya”. Badges are usually handed by moderator for doing something noteworthy or participating in very specific threads.

7 Likes

Or just being everywhere all the time. :eyes:

3 Likes

Isn’t that just doing both of those things at the same time?

2 Likes

The feat itself is noteworthy, but you may do nothing noteworthy while doing it, and you can participate on whatever thread. I usually ignore the very specific ones. (Even without intending to, that’s why I’m missing most of the cool badges. Even though I was here! :weary:)

3 Likes

Σ(゚д゚lll)… that struck very close to home.

3 Likes

I got Regular by procrastinating on everything else in my life.

Now that I’m not procrastinating on everything else in my life (here), I’ve missed a lot of discourse (heh).

5 Likes

I still refuse to set a title until they add one called “Bookclub Durtle”.

11 Likes

If you want to change your title, you must first get one.
Second, we do not talk about sect name/titles.

3 Likes

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Just go the preferences page and type your title into the box

18 Likes

I’d drown the forum under book club threads for that title.

4 Likes

I think it would actually do WaniKani some good to promote the bookclubs more directly. Like, anyone that completes a book gets the Bookclub Durtle badge or something like that. They can put me in charge of it if they don’t want to do it. I’ll gladly give away badges to anyone that completes a book. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

you got me again, you! shakes fist

5 Likes

Just complain about the lack of a dog durtle enough times until they give you an unrelated title badge :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Why do I feel so victorious for seeing through this post?

10 Likes

We managed to coerce Koichi into making a Durtcat when I asked someone else to draw a Cat Durtle for me because “I couldn’t rely on Koichi for anything” I said, and Koichi got triggered I guess! He drew a deformed Durtcat to spite us. Maybe you can take a similar approach.

8 Likes

I don’t remember exactly, but I think the lack of durtdog in itself has been elevated to the (forgotten) meme status.

3 Likes

It’s still there in the Welcome to the WaniKani Community pinned post…

1. Don’t be illegal: Illegal activity, including hacking, torrents, asking for sect names, illegal downloads, etc., will not be tolerated.
7 Likes