Help with reading exercise

Hi there,

Can someone help me? I really have no clue what is wrong - the correct onyomi looks the same as the one I type with my keyboard.

Domo arigato

Leon

You have to enter either にん or γ˜γ‚“, γ«γ‚“γ˜γ‚“ is a carrot :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And same goes with this one

Thanks

Leon

1 Like

oh - is it then like one or the other? Is that what that comma means between the two kanjis? How do I replicate that on my keyboard? I tried putting a comma and it doesn’t work.

Thanks

Leon

Yes, it’s two different readings, you will see it when vocabulary items come up.

You can also check this (and the link to the FAQ with more details) [for γ‚… related problems]:

1 Like

Nevermind - putting only one of the two works! Thanks so much acm2010!

It’s にゅう not にゆう :slight_smile: You’ll notice the ゆ is small. にゅう Is pronounced Nyuu and にゆう would be Niyuu.
There’s some information at the bottom of this article in the Combination Hiragana section: Learn Hiragana: Tofugu's Ultimate Guide

You can just type β€œNyuu” into Wanikani and it will convert it, however, if you just need to make the small letter, press β€œx” and then the letter: γ‚γγ€γ„γƒγ€γ†γ…γ€γˆγ‡γ€γŠγ‰γ€γ‚„γ‚ƒγ€γ‚†γ‚…γ€γ‚ˆγ‚‡

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.