Give me some energy to keep going つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hi, I leveled up to 34 two days ago. Some of you who follow my posts would know that I’m a typical procrastinator ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ. I manage to level up to this high is somehow magical and I actually had 2 posts about motivation and such in the forums. I just put my account on vacation the second time this month.

Sadly speaking, now the procrastination cycle has shown up again that’s why I open a new topic…again (and again) just to moan about it. what a douchbag/helpless moron must be but I know wanikani community is so positive/helpful so I keep being a not very good bag.

I don’t really know what I want when I make this post. Maybe I just need some energy つ ◕_◕ ༽つ from you guys and some cheers to keep going. Please ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ…ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ…ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ - he begs shamelessly…

7 Likes

Hey, you are still 10 levels ahead of me - that’s great going!!

11 Likes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ AMENO つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

6 Likes

9 Likes

This always helps me get into a blast tbh

3 Likes

Been bitten by tje procrastination bug a couple times too in the past week… Good job leveling up anyway! Maybe set yourself a different goal for a while. Instead next level as fast as possible, go 0 reviews by Sunday, or apprentice pile 0 or something

1 Like

Don’t worry. It gets hard. You procrastinate. But going slow is still going forward :slight_smile:
Here’s some proof (my latest levels):

6 Likes

But on a more serious note – it’s awesome that you come on the forum and open a thread when you need some motivation boost :blush::sparkling_heart::sparkles:! Please don’t feel ashamed, we’re all here for you and we’re all learning to become better at Japanese. hugs :sparkles:

Sometimes keeping your motivation is hard, but You totally can do it :muscle::sparkles:~
And it’s also ok to take a break from a time to time :blush::sparkles:
So don’t beat yourself over putting your account on vacation mode, sometimes it’s just necessary.

Either way, please feel free to drop by the studying together thread in case you need extra bits of motivation :heart::sparkles:~ everyone is super nice there and seeing them work hard also makes me want to become better! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Find yourself a rival, someone with whom you could fight for victory. It works fine for me.

You can’t stop now! Level 35 gives answer to so many mysteries! Like for example:

• the type of wood used for Sue’s guitar
  • what happens if you drink alcohol that is nine times stronger than any other drink
  • what こういち says in the circus
  • how to extend your lifespan
  • how to remove a stuck bra
  • how to keep the sheep from going too fast down the water slide
  • why squids don’t have ribs
  • what blue copper is called

Will the daycare be hit by the mass of water after the old tsunami decided to dunk the moon into the lake? Find out in the next exciting level of WK!

25 Likes

I’m procrastinating a lot recently, not just WK reviews. The heat wave is probably to blame. But it’ll pass in a week or two, I hope.

2 Likes

If you can get out of vacation mode, and do just something every day, even if it’s only a batch of ten reviews, that’s better than nothing while you’re waiting for your motivation to come back. And doing something will help you keep the habit of WK.

@nandeyanen it’s nice to see a progress chart that’s not perfect once in a while; here’s mine:

(don’t get me wrong; people who maintain a quick and steady pace, that’s awesome, but it doesn’t work out that way for everybody.)

2 Likes

lol you should join my squad :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

you got me there bro :hear_no_evil:

Thank you, your gif is awesome!

FYI lol:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/the-battle-against-laziness/31262/35

https://community.wanikani.com/t/i-need-motivation-to-keep-up/24404/45

Amen! I just had a look at my chart, and could find pretty good excuses for my rollercoaster performance.

wk

9 Likes

Likewise! :tada: :slight_smile: Life happens and that’s ok. I’ve had a lot of hand problems which have lead me to just choose to do whatever I have to do outside of Wanikani (and leave Wanikani hanging). Then there’s been just the regular laziness and sickness and heat. You’re totally right, keeping the habit of WK is very important!

1 Like

No problem, here you are:

:sweat_smile:

On a more serious note, just sit and do it. The first step (including the first step after a break) is always the hardest; the following steps would be easier!

9 Likes

8 Likes

And then you’ll be able to work for a couple days before the next one comes :+1:

1 Like