Give me some energy to keep going つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Think about it this way… I have a monthly and I’m too lazy to cancel it, so it’s just sitting there, siphoning my card.
Nevertheless, I’m trying to get on par with the big guys, you know. I probably shouldn’t talk about this but there are people here that managed hundreds of days on one level! Even years! I hope I can be like them one day. Nothing beats not hard work and not dedication!

What I’m trying to say is… if I can manage to waste at least 70 days on a level with a monthly subscription active, you can do it with a lifetime!

3 Likes

Procrastination isnt my issue but still need some energy myself to go though. Just finished a 100-item review and got like a 60% which put lots of items back in apprentice pushing it back up to 100, but I still have like 100 lessons to do bleh. You may know what im talking about. For me doing the reviews every day isn’t the problem, its remembering the stuff xD
You made it far as it is, no point in giving up. I can’t say much about motivation but just do little every day. If needed keep your apprentice queue lower so you don’t have as many reviews to do. Will still make progress without feeling overwhelmed, maybe.
Wish you the best of luck, wish I had something better to say rather than complain myself
Level 7 bar is glitched, im really about 2 days in.

xDwanikanistats

Ill be buying lifetime myself soon. I level up 20ish days or so. It will cost me a fortune to do monthly xD

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t be like old me. Be like new me!

2 Likes

Came here for this

Oh, and, uh, go get 'em OP!

2 Likes

At least you can cancel it, most girls don’t have that option.

14 Likes

Tell us your secrets senpai!

I agree! Even if I did WK itself quickly, I think doing something every day is what’s most important. Find an amount of reviews that is so low that you know you can force yourself to do it every single day, and then allow yourself do more whenever you feel like it!

I did this with my reading (at least 2 pages each day) and it’s been very effective for me!

Bonus tip: sometimes you can fool yourself into thinking that something isn’t studying even though it totally is. (Watching Let’s plays can sometimes be like this for me). Then you can do that minimal amount and then procrastinate by doing this totally-not-studying thing!

I’ve found myself thinking “I need to stop watching this let’s play / reading this book / whatever and do my japanese studies!” That’s how you know it’s working :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Just need to keep your reviews and lessons at 0 at all times. Easier said than done though.

1 Like

Hi @aanhlle ! :wave:
I’m not anywhere near your level, so I can only imagine the hellishly difficult kanji you’re experiencing way up there at 34. However, I can’t express how much I’m looking forward to actually being at your level someday. So my inspiring words for you are to pretty please, keep going, even if just by a little amount each day! You’re an inspiration to all of us in the lower levels :heart_eyes::fire:

Also, I’d suggest for you to try revisiting certain Japanese articles or books you’ve read some time ago and take pleasure from the fact you can recognize more of the content by now. That’s got to be one of the more gratifying experiences, in my opinion.

And one last tip I would like to give you is to lighten up about your learning speed and just enjoy the process. Don’t worry too much about it, keep it fun, you’re well on your way! (already past halfway to 60, yowza!)

3 Likes
1 Like

May this cuteness help you keep going!

5 Likes

oh my god so cute! thank you so much!!

1 Like

oh I love that !

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I feel yowza, too haha

1 Like

I think, you should visit @jprspereira topic about how to do wanikani properly. This way you are not only doing reviews better but actually learning better (by improving your memory retention):

2 Likes

this is the most motivating thing I’ve seen EVER and I really mean it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.