Genki I Study Buddies

I’d love to join! I’ve done a couple chapters but have since stopped because school has been eating up more of my time… now that the semester is ending, I’d be down to learn with everyone!

I would also be interested! I was just considering starting up Genki again

I am on genki 2, but I would love to join a group to help my confidence in speaking.

Thanks for the disc invite! Waiting to see who else is gonna join lol. To the people that are ahead, how has your pace been?

You can add my name to the list. :blush: I was just about to start, and could use some accountability.

2 Likes

I would be interested in joining too! I’m 2 chapters in and it would be great to practice with others, plus accountability. :blush:

Great idea, I’d love to join)!

1 Like

1 chapter, 2 weeks generally, 1 week to cover the textbook, 1 week to cover the workbook.
We have a weekly gathering to discuss and check, practicing our pronounciation and so on.

1 Like

This sounds great. I’ve just finished Chapter 3 on Sunday, so would be great to join a group.

Count me in as well. I’m just starting. I will also follow up with ToKini Andy Patreon lessons for Genki.

1 Like

I would love to join too! Was planning on starting Genki I solo-study in a few weeks and having a community to work through it with would really help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great! I self-studied my way through Genki 1 and 2 back in the summer of 2007 and I could really use some extensive knowledge refreshing. Gonna dig through my stuff to find my old Genki textbook and get back in the learning saddle, so count me in! ( I joined the discord just now).

1 Like

First of all, thanks for the amazing response friends!! Since making this post I’ve been running into some unexpected emergency circumstances and won’t be able to start genki just yet :frowning: but in about a month or so this should hopefully be resolved. Of course feel free to start a group without me, I can always find more study buddies later :slight_smile:

@IntrepidFox (or whoever is in the discord) would you mind sending the discord link again? I keep missing it!

1 Like

I’d love to join, too! Didn’t interact with other learners at all so far, but would love to. Currently at lesson 4 of Genki.

I would be interested in this! Are we doing it over discord?

I’d also like to join if possible!

Do you have a fresh discord link? I’d love to join as well.

1 Like

Also interested. On lesson 11 of Genki I but review is always welcome.

I’d like to join. Just starting Genki I. Is this actually happening or? Seems like the thread is a little dead :frowning:

1 Like

A bit late to the party, but I’d love to join too! I’ll grab the books and catch up with the rest of the group.

Could I get a discord link please?