Genki I study buddies?

This also means I really, really need to find how to write kana/kanji on my laptop.
It’s linux, and i just don’t understand how to, I even asked my linuxusing boyfriend.

Similar to a lot of people here, I have Genki I on the way and would love to join!

1 Like

I’m just a little ways ahead, on Chapter 4 (plus Jalup on the side), but I’ve really been wanting to do the practice exercises with someone from almost the beginning. I’d love to join!

I worked through Genki ~9 years ago, and since I’ve been getting back into studying Japanese recently I’ve set myself a goal to look through it again and review this year… might be motivating to follow along with this group :>

1 Like

Hiiii hiiii :crabigator:
I’d really like to join too!!! :duck: I started it a few days ago, and I just need a group to keep me consistent :durtle_tomato:

Stay hydrated! :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

I would like to participate. Did not start yet.

I’m currently on chapter 3, and I’d love to join along!

I’d love to join too! Like a couple others, I’ve had Genki for ages and worked through a couple chapters, but I can never get into a consistent rhythm. It would be great to work with a group.

And I second this idea!

I’d love to join a discord group about this, but there’s a lot of people already, so its ok if you need to skip me for group size sake

I got the book today! I would like a discord group :smile:
1/2 chapter every two weeks sounds more reasonable if we want to have a big group moving together

Maybe for the later chapters?
I mean, the first chapter (excluding the vocab) is a rather easy one in regards to grammar (ka and no).
Although technically, the first chapter only starts after greetings and so on.

yes omg I started too and I need some motivation. this would really help

you can easily get the workbook pdf online. also yes I recommend getting it to practice the grammar you learn in each chapter. it’ll help enforce the topics!

I 'd love to join as well. I am at lesson 5-6 in Genki, but I did not do much speaking or lesson specific vocabulary practice, so I can start over.

Also, I am in Europe. If more people join, we can split timezones as well.

Same here! I just completed chapter 6 but could use some help on speaking and listening!

1 Like

Would love to participate in a Genki study group!

YIS! I’ve had the genki 1 textbook in the corner collecting dust for way too long now. A scheduled group would be super useful. Discord group sounds awesome!

Oh, wow, didn’t realise that so many people would be interested. I think even if people at a different place, and go by a different pace we can make it work. I set up the discord and made different channels by every 3 chapters (greetings and numbers I kinda consider to belong to chapter 1). I also set up a voice channel for speaking practice.

Here is the link: [spoiler]https://discord.gg/cYBMVeDK[/spoiler] It is valid for 7 days.

Maybe we can discuss any study schedule within the chapter groups on discord.

Few rules for the discord group, be nice to people, if you are not, I will kick you out (and we are going by my definition of nice), be constructive and pretty much that’s it.

2 Likes

Would love to join!
You know, grammar is boring when done alone, but interesting when done along with someone.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, where were you all able to purchase Genki I and aside from the textbook, what else did you get?

1 Like