Forum badges on user card and profile not appearing correctly

@Mods Earlier this week some of us noticed the forum badges not showing correctly in some places. I asked the Discourse staff (see link below) and they said it might be from a recent change, possibly making the custom WaniKani badges incompatible. Usually I deal with these forum bugs myself, but they suggested trying the site in safe mode which obviously I can’t do. If someone from the WaniKani staff could continue looking into this with the Discourse staff that would be appreciated.

13 Likes

If it helps with the diagnosis at all, I can confirm that the Kitsun.io forums, which also use a level indicating badge that differs in colour based on whether you’re monthly or lifetime, is still working.

uses @jprspereira as a model, for a touch of class

That being the case, I’d hope that it’s just a minor formatting issue with the WaniKani implimentation.

2 Likes

Well, @neicul probably hasn’t updated the Kitsun forums in months. WaniKani is hosted by Discourse, so it’s updated regularly.

3 Likes

We’ll look into it, thanks.

7 Likes

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I was under the misapprehension that all Discourse forums with a community dot whatsit dot com subdomain format were typically Discourse hosted rather than self.

.-. happens to me also for everyone.

@JenK this is certainly not :durtle_noice: but I’m sure it’ll get fixed in no time now you’re on the case! :relieved:

I always find the topics I wanna read here:
https://community.wanikani.com/badges/18/nice-topic
Not seeing the level badges is a pet peeve but nothing too dealbreaking.

2 Likes

That’s actually a really nice way to find important threads, I’d never considered hat ^-^

Good tip!

This should now be fixed.

11 Likes

Yay! Now I’m special again!

9 Likes

I don’t like the implication there :eyes::eyes::eyes:

You don’t like the implication that @jprspereira is a classy fellow?

3 Likes

Yay, thanks Jen! ^-^

2 Likes

The implication that you chose not to use mine because I’m “not a classy fellow” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

@JenK It looks like this still isn’t working on the user summary page in the “most replied to” and similar sections. For example:

2 Likes

Ohh hm, I’ll follow up with them, thanks.

2 Likes

For me it looks normal. :eyes:

I see. I thought seanblue meant the heading as his post didn’t show the level circle at all. :eyes: But, you’re right, the actual listings aren’t working. Though the rest of the forums seems to have gotten back to normal, so that’s a relief. ^^

1 Like

Looks like it’s working now!

2 Likes