Fill up lessons queue completely?

Hi,

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but is there any way to fill up the lessons queue with all available lessons?

https://www.wanikani.com/subjects/#1/lesson?queue=#1-#2-#3-#4

I know I can manually add in numbers after the queue separated by a hyphen, but I was hoping there was some easier way

Thanks

I’m probably not the best person to answer since I haven’t used it in a while, but can’t you just keep doing lessons by a single click when you finish the first 5? Do you want to be quizzed on like 50 lessons at the same time? Why?

(I did just check, you can change lesson batch sizing to 10 in the settings, but apparently not further.)

There might be a userscript for that, but I couldn’t find it with a quick search

Maybe I misunderstood the question.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you’d want to do this, as being quizzed on dozens of items at once sounds like a frustrating way to learn. But if you do really want to learn that way you can use my Lesson Filter userscript and set the batch size to a very large number. I can’t promise that you won’t run into some kind of performance issue or hidden limit within WaniKani though.

5 Likes

Hi, to answer the question of why:

When I study kanji, I do 9 items a day (in batches of 3). Once that’s done, I spend the remaining time I have for kanji studies looking through the kanji that I haven’t learned in the level yet. What I’ve been doing up to this point is manually editing the queue (adding in numbers) until I’ve reached the end of level X kanji. I would identify the # associated with locked kanji for the level and put them at the end of the queue. (I haven’t done this with vocab at all, beyond maybe just reading the next batch of 3 and calling it a day…partly because the associated numbers aren’t as sequential…with kanji it might be 1,2,3,4 but with vocab it could be 1,5,8,15)

Anyway, seanblue’s lesson filter seems to do what I’m looking for (installed and tested to confirm).

So you’re doing this as a pre-study, but not actually going through the quiz portion (which would make them “learned” and generate reviews)? If so, another script like [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz might be a better fit. I believe you can filter to unlearned (stage 0) and your current level, plus by type to only get kanji, vocab, or both. The benefit here is not just easier filtering, as you can also actually do the quiz portion without the items entering your review queue.

1 Like

Yes, “pre-study” sounds accurate. I just installed the Self-Study Quiz script, and can confirm that it can quiz you on stuff you haven’t learned. [Items tab: have only SRS Level Initiate (Lesson Queue) selected]

3 Likes

By the way… In the “level” selection filter in Self-Study Quiz, you can do things like “+0” for items on your current level, or “+1” for your next level. Or “+0..+1” for current and next levels.

The advantage of using those relative numbers is that you don’t need to keep updating the filter settings each time you level up.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.