(feature request) the visually similar kanji feature

This is an awesome feature, but I think it would be really helpful if we could add to it ourselves. It might also be good to have a similar feature for vocab and radicals - it’s not often that I completely forget radicals/kanji/vocab; I tend to make mistakes by confusing them. What do you guys think?

I never used this feature. I prefer the semantic-phonetic extension, [Userscript] Keisei 形声 Semantic-Phonetic Composition If there is a pair of kanji that you tend to confuse, I’d suggest you to practice drawing them by hand several times, Kanji Stroke Order: How to Guess it Every Time

You can try and see if this web app helps: https://niai.mrahhal.net
(Disclaimer: I created this)

1 Like

Big relate :sweat_smile: I found that using this script helped me see how I confused similar items.

As an example, for the longest time I didn’t realize 挙 and 拳 were two different kanji! With the help of this script I could compare them and see the difference.

6 Likes

I haven’t learned either of them, and read this post on my phone. I had to zoom like an idiot to even notice there actually WAS a difference :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Oh wow that looks so useful! Unfortunately I don’t have a computer (I do WK on my phone or ipad) so I have not yet found a way to use userscripts… what a shame, since there are so many awesome looking ones! Maybe I can do something similar myself by writing the confusing ones in the “meaning note” box…
Thanks anyway tho; if I ever get a computer I will totally use that one! :smile::pray:

1 Like

Oh my gosh what a brilliant website! Thank you for linking it, I think it will be super helpful :smile:

1 Like

thank you, that sounds like good advice ~ I’ll give it a go!

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.