December discount this year?

Does anyone know if the December discount will be offered again this year? I sure do hope so!

1 Like

yep! They just sent me an email a few minutes ago about the lifetime sale.

2 Likes

Hmm interesting. I wonder why I did not get the same? I did receive a WaniKani email about 30 mins ago, but it doesnā€™t mention anything about the discount and the discount option doesnā€™t come up when I go to the subscription pageā€¦

1 Like

Oh, in the email, they said the sale starts on Dec 16. So in 2 weeks of time we will find out.
There is going to be a lifetime sale for sure, but they didnā€™t say anything about discounts on other types of subscriptions in the email.

1 Like

Bizarre, my email has no mention of December 16th either. The one I received simply talked about how much Japanese reading learning you can do in 6 monthsā€¦Maybe they sent one email to some members, and a totally different one to others? In any case, I will wait for Dec 16th, thanks a bunch!

1 Like

8 Likes

Awesome, thank you. Maybe I just got a different email because I havenā€™t finished level 3 yet so I still have free lessons to do.

1 Like

you did ā€œthe perfectā€! you can get lifetime at the cheapest possible price!

now get a festive avatar and see you around :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Is lifetime discount usually 50% over the original prize? :durtle_noice:

$200 instead of $300

2 Likes

Received mine as well. It mentioned Sales going to be on the 16th. Hopefully I got the budget for it!

How weird. Iā€™ve only gotten the current lesson and review email last night and nothing about the sale yet. Oh well. As long as they have it, Iā€™m updating to lifetime.

I didnā€™t get the email either, perhaps because Iā€™m still a free user? I discovered WaniKani at just the right time it seems, starting in November. Iā€™ve just been sitting on the end of lvl 3 hanging out for the lifetime sale haha glad to hear I only have two weeks to wait before I can sink my teeth into lvl 4! :smiley:

2 Likes

My current subscription expires on December 8th, but I want to wait to get the lifetime subscription. Is there a way to pause so I donā€™t come back to a hundreds of reviews?

1 Like

You can activate vacation mode under settings->account :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I know why you didnā€™t get the email.

I think it has only gone to people who have put money into WaniKani. At level 2, I am making an assumption you havenā€™t put any money down yet.

You will fix that on 16 December though! :crazy_face:

I never got that email either though but Iā€™m paid and have the email setting on. Iā€™m not sure what the teamā€™s criteria is for it.

2 Likes

I also didnā€™t get the mail but my wanikani level is probably too high. They think that people like me donā€™t need lifetime access to wanikani.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s associated with level, because I received the email.

I remember reading an old post on the forums about them offering lifetime access for level 60 people at a discounted rate? I plan on getting to level 60 around the middle of next month (Jan 2021), and I also intend to stop paying for my monthly subscription once that happens. But if they did offer lifetime access for level 60s at a nice discount, I would be okay with paying for it just to have it around to burn all my items and hang around.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t received any emails. Am I being punished by the mighty crabigator somehow? :frowning:

2 Likes