DanMachi Home Thread

Start Date: March 30
Week 8 Reading: Page 80 - end of page 102
Last Section: (…今は何やってるだろう、ベル君)
Word List: FloFlo
Previous Week: Week 7
Next Week: Week 9

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
  • I am reading along
  • I have already read this part
  • I haven’t reached this part yet

0 voters

This is gonna take a lot of weeks if we continue forever at this speed… Maybe you guys have more reading time now too. Does anyone want to speed up? I think right now its just me and @TamanegiNoKame-さん and @Ditto20-さん reading along.

• Yes, speed up (lmk what you think)
  • No, its fine
  • I read ahead and am sped up already/havent started yet

0 voters

2 Likes

My 敏捷 is already 9999.

2 Likes

I am fine with a bit faster. Not super super faster preferably though.

1 Like

What speed are you thinking?
Are you guys ok with 15 pages, 20 pages, let me know what is good

1 Like

20 sounds doable to me.
Maybe lets try a week of that and then talk about it afterwards and see how it went.

1 Like

Well I guess I will add to this weeks length then, if Ditto-さん is alright with the speed as well.

1 Like

I updated the “last section” and “week 8 reading” in the main post, also there was a 1 sentence page (really short) in the physical version so I pretty much didnt count that. 20 pages, if you guys are ok with it then lets try it out! (Also I made a bookmeter account :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

Can someone tell me the meaning of this style of number? For example 四四OOヴァリス.
Numbers followed by circles. I understand that ヴァリス is their currency.

That means 4400.
The circles are used as 0s. The actual kanji for 0 (零) isn’t used in that case.
That writing is usually preferred for prices (amounts of money) and dates, rather than using 百 or 千.

3 Likes

Thank you, I dont think that was the case in 銭天童 but maybe thats because it was an easy book.

2 Likes

えええええと、なんか、あの、。。。。ですね。。。ちょっと、102をとっくに読み越えてしまいました!ごめんなさい!

Classic problem of either reading too much or too little…I still want to read more…but I am definitely already too far… :upside_down_face: :sweat: :turtle:

3 Likes

I think you should just read ahead if you want and you can still discuss what you want too. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Cooooome to the dark siiiiide!

4 Likes

Haha…I will try to resist your bad influence… :upside_down_face: :turtle:

We will see how long that lasts in this time of boredom… :sweat_smile: :turtle:

@afunian Yeah. It is definitely more fun to be at the same point as someone else when discussing a story though, I think…

4 Likes

I guess we’ll have to increase the speed to 30 pages a week next week then… :eyes:

3 Likes

@afunian How are you handling it so far? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well surprisingly i’m going by comparatively fast. I read 5 pages past 2 days each and 4 today (so far). I dont have time to read on 2 days a week but I think I could manage 30 too now.

My problem seems to be I use the dictionary far too much, even on most words I know. I guess I dont have enough confidence in my vocabulary yet… I can read a page in prob 3 minutes other than the weird kanji here and there but with all the vocab checking it takes me to around 15 min each.

(On a side note I feel im understanding the contents of the book far better than when I started so thats nice :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Been there, done that. The dictionary checking did help build confidence when I was indeed right, and helped me learn new things when I wasn’t. Keep going and you should naturally grow out of that phase.

Noice :durtle_noice:

2 Likes

I cant really get my head around the weird chapter title font :sweat_smile:, could someone tell me what this says?
P.S. onto chapter 3!!!

2 Likes