Competitive Vocab Game by u/rathereasy

Heyo all u/rathereasy on Reddit made a pretty cool vocab game for learning Japanese and I thought it would be pretty cool to share it here since it’s pretty fun! 

Here’s the reddit post in case you want to give him an upvote

https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/3l2txh/come_play_a_competitive_japanese_game/

And a direct link to the game

tappfirst.azurewebsites.net

Have fun WK! ^-^

Thanks for sharing. I’ve just had a go and it’s fun. No one was around, so had to play solo though. 

Sounds pretty fun! Too bad the player base is too small, for now.

Just signed up now as well.
It took me a little to get used to since (imo) it’s “formatted” somewhat weird, but it’s fun.

PS:
Before I did my first game I saw “gropek (8)” there, just didn’t click challenge since I wasn’t aware of the rules etc. ;D

RayderBlitz said... Just signed up now as well.
It took me a little to get used to since (imo) it's "formatted" somewhat weird, but it's fun.

PS:
Before I did my first game I saw "gropek (8)" there, just didn't click challenge since I wasn't aware of the rules etc. ;D
 The layout is very minimalistic in a weird way indeed. I wish they would add a audio warning when someone challenges you/accepts challenge. Someone invited me and I didn't realize it, and when I accepted way later the guy didn't realize it. dang it :p

It took me a little to get used to since (imo) it's "formatted" somewhat weird, but it's fun.

PS:
Before I did my first game I saw "gropek (8)" there, just didn't click challenge since I wasn't aware of the rules etc. ;D
 I just crushed you !! ;-)

I've been playing this, and I think it's fun. I'm a low level, so some of the kanji has been new to me, but since I knew the words I was able to guess accurately enough.

gropek said...

PS:
 The layout is very minimalistic in a weird way indeed. I wish they would add a audio warning when someone challenges you/accepts challenge. Someone invited me and I didn't realize it, and when I accepted way later the guy didn't realize it. dang it :p
 I also just found out that (at least with the mouse) I seem to be too frantic and.. well, slow.
I guess this kind of game doesn't rly suit my lazy-butt personality, but it's fun for every now and then nevertheless.

(For some reason though fast-paced graphical games like shooters etc. are things I can cope with pretty well)

Edit:
Tarnahk said...

PS:
 Then congrats to you Yui-さん ;)

RayderBlitz said...
gropek said...

PS:
 I also just found out that (at least with the mouse) I seem to be too frantic and.. well, slow.
I guess this kind of game doesn't rly suit my lazy-butt personality, but it's fun for every now and then nevertheless.

(For some reason though fast-paced graphical games like shooters etc. are things I can cope with pretty well)

Edit:
Tarnahk said...

PS:
 hehe, now gropek beat my ass. :( <-- too slow *cry*

Tarnahk said...  hehe, now gropek beat my ass. :( <-- too slow *cry*
 Welcome to the guild. c(°_:_°)つ

gropek is too fast for me. XD

Tarnahk said...
RayderBlitz said...
gropek said...

PS:

Edit:
Tarnahk said...

PS:
 hehe, now gropek beat my ass. :( <-- too slow *cry*
 It was a close one :p. I liked when I answered 一 = bee. Damn reflexes!

Oh boy, I don’t know if this game makes me learn or procastinate. I was in the middle of my Genki studies! 

Btw, is this game about “the only one who answers first gets the point”?
Because sometimes I barely even have a split second to answer and other times I have what feels like several seconds.

Is it supposed to be like that or is it just me?

Yeah it seems to be the first to answer gets it at least as far as I can tell from what I’ve played.