Duolingo WaniKani Club

I have no idea what these are good for, but for all of my fellow Owl/Crabigator dual students, I made a Duolingo group for us :slight_smile:

Club Code: 2CUMKW

2 Likes

Huzzah. I donā€™t really know what anything is good for on there. I have like a bazillion ā€œlingotsā€ and nothing to do with themā€¦ Still fun, though.

3 Likes

It looks like you can give little pre-built responses in japanese, which can subtly teach you a couple of phrases. Kind of neat, I never joined a club before, so for me, itā€™s a whole new feature :slight_smile:

Aye, never bothered before myself. I also have a billion lingots, or something. I wish there were cool, even if pointless, stuff to spend them on.

1 Like

I know other languages get extra modules you can spend them on, maybe japanese will too, someday, lol

In all the other languages that have them, I have bought the addons and still have so many lingots that I could build a castle.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I figured it would be like that. Iā€™ve only been on it for a few months and I have over 100 or so

Iā€™ve not been especially active for a long time, and I think I am nearing five hundred, at this point. And thatā€™s after giving them away occasionally, buying bonus modules and bling for the owl.

1 Like

This is a great idea! I just joined. I donā€™t know what the clubs are for either, but Iā€™ve been using Duolingo for a few weeks now for Japanese alongside WaniKani. :smile: Thanks for making the club!

1 Like

Yeah, no problem :slight_smile:

I started Duolingo a little before I started WaniKani a few months ago, been using them in tandem for a while now. I like running into vocab and kanji I learned on one on the other :smiley:

I started with a Duolingo a long time ago; the Japanese course is new to it, and has some issues.

Iā€™m the bloke who posts full kanji versions of many of the answers (though sometimes the IME on my phone undermines me with substitutions for the kanji I actually want).

2 Likes

You deserve 10000 hearts for that, I love it when I see those :slight_smile:

Heh! Thanks.

For one thing, many sentences are very hard to read without kanji, and some simple sentences are actually ambiguous with kana only.

1 Like

I tend to remember vocab better when I learn them with Kanji, too. I think having the associated meanings makes it a lot easier for me to connect them.

Letā€™s all do High Valyrian, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha, maybe lol

Iā€™m totally doing Klingon when itā€™s released.

1 Like

That was you?!? Bless you

If you ever see anyone writing an overly long explanation (usually on particles) thatā€™ll probably be me

1 Like

If anyoneā€™s looking for something more advanced than Duolingo Japanese for English speakers, English for Japanese speakers will take you way further.

2 Likes

Aye, I have that one too :slight_smile: