Big Burns Celebration Thread! 🔥🐢🔥

We stand in the shadow of your Greatness.

2 Likes

I burned item 8,579 today!!

12 Likes

is that all of them except for the newer additions?
amazing!

1 Like

No, not quite. I still have 319 items remaining. I know one of them is still 入所 from way back on level 8. I only realized recently that 入場 is a different item. 入場 is now burned and I’m confident I’ll get 入所 next time around.

Also, I’m not sure if enough time has passed since the newer additions for anyone to have burned them yet. The items were added around June 26th of this year. I only took 5 new lessons a day to spread them out a bit. I’m pretty confident I’ll burn most of that stuff when it comes around since I already learned many of those words from reading outside of Wani Kani.

It’s amazing how long it takes to finish after reaching level 60. Many see getting to 60 as the end goal, but it’s nowhere close. I had hoped to burn everything this year, but now know it won’t be until some time in 2021, and that’s if no new items are added. Of course, on the bright side, the remaining items are the items that have caused me the most trouble so I’ll really be learning something when they’re finally drilled into my skull.

8 Likes

Crossed 800 Burns :fire:

10 Likes

8000+ burns!!

There’s also like 200 enlightened items coming up for the coming week, so that’s gonna be fun.

20 Likes

This time, though :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Uh what happened? My burns went down by 1? I didn’t resurrect anything?

8 Likes

Maybe the wanikani team hid an item? o: (and haven’t gotten around to making an update about it yet)

6 Likes

2100 durtles down :partying_face: …x thousand left! >_>

(still this is a victory to get me to the end! ^^ )

10 Likes

So, i reached a big milestone this morning:

17 Likes

@plantron

Felt it is appropriate to tag and ask for the pope’s blessings :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Crossed 900 Burns :fire:

8 Likes

Oh that hurts!

2 Likes

I’ve passed 2300 burns! :sunglasses: :fire:

7 Likes

grafik
Passed the 500 mark, and there may be abou two dozen more adding to that in a couple hours…

10 Likes

Number of burns is now larger than the number of enlightened items :star_struck:

a

16 Likes

I got to exactly 1000 burns, right when I got my enlightened under 1000 too. I feel special.

Untitled

14 Likes

700 burns to go!!!

18 Likes

500 burns! Slow and steady but making progress…definitely feeling the pain when a burn review gets missed and goes right back to guru - so nice to see the burn counter ticking up! :slight_smile:

11 Likes