Obligatory first burn post and Level 60 notes

For some reason, I was expecting my first burn on 2April, but today, the drop radical popped up in my reviews! Then, the rest of those level one radicals! Fourteen out of fifteen, because ground is not ‘one’ Oops. Hopefully I remember that for later.

Whatever, yippee! First burn day for me!

Level 60 wrap post down at the bottom, somewhere.

32 Likes

Congrats dude !

Tell me about it…

I’d probably scream

10 Likes

I added “one” synonym to that radical. You should do that too.

17 Likes

Haha, when I got my first burn the other day, I too got the ground radical wrong… and then when the kanji for one came up… I typed ground so got that wrong as well >_<

Anyway, congrats on the first burn!

11 Likes

Congrats.

Personally, I’ve decided that mistakes made on radical names don’t count, because they’re only pretend.

19 Likes

3 Likes

First kanji was 山. Yay! Vocabs are coming.

4 Likes

My first Japanese friend had this character is his surname. So definitely a good kanji to burn first!

2 Likes

And 二 is my first vocab burn. Good day, I think.

2 Likes

302 burns. This is going interestingly. I have had a few kanji where I just stared at them and knew the kun’yomi, but … yeah.

2 Likes

:fire:Congratulations!:fire:
My first Burn was 女!

1 Like

Still no burn for me…

7 Likes

Dont feel bad. At the rate I’m going I wont burn anything until level 60 lol

4 Likes

Sorry… :disappointed_relieved: Everyone has said different levels that it has happened for them. Some said 12 or 15 ad an average? I just happen to be burning at level 6.

2 Likes

Nice work. Keep it up.

1 Like

Don’t apologize! You have all the reasons to be proud. If anything, that’s just further motivation for me. :wink:

3 Likes

That means you’re going fast. The first burn will happen around 6 months after you start WK. If you level-up once a week, your first burn will be around level 24. If you level-up once every month, your first burn will happen on level 6.

6 Likes

Nah… Let’s keep each other posted. I’m sure we’ll start getting those before we know it!

今日も頑張りましょう。

3 Likes

That… actually makes sense. And suddenly makes me feel so much better!!!

Thank you so much for explaining this to me, Plantron-san. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have been doing WaniKani since October, so being Level 7 now means I am going sloooow. :joy:

2 Likes