Audio updates issue

Something’s wrong with the recent audio update. Sometimes, when I press “J” (to hear the word pronunciation) it plays the wrong word (the previous one?).

1 Like

Do you run any scripts?

Since the audio update, I’ve been having a hilarious bug where it indeed first plays the audio of the previous word, and then begins to layer all the words in my review session over each other, until a veritable crowd of people says a random Japanse word ever time I hit enter. Even on the meaning.

But absolutely zero problems when I disabled tamper monkey for a review session.

I haven’t bothered turning all my scripts off and then on again one by one to find the cause of the fault, but I assume it will be the same for you.

If you run zero scripts, shoot them an email at hello@wanikani.com

4 Likes

Well if someone wants to narrow down the culprit, it’s not WaniKani Open Framework or Jitai. Since I have those two and I’m not experiencing this problem.

I also use HeatMap and Ultimate Timeline but those are not active during review sessions.

1 Like

During my next review, I’ll mess around with scripts a bit, to see if I can find the culprit.

Otherwise I feel like we’re just going to keep seeing messages of people thinking a script incompatibility is a bug introduced by the new audio update.

I just tested it in my review and turning off “Wanikani Double-Check” stopped mine from playing multiple audio’s.

1 Like

Can confirm. :+1: Also solved it for me.

Thanks for saving me the hassle of a more troublesome checking process, @jmaher16

Edit:
If it is also the case that it is a script problem for you, @BoogieMan, could you then move the topic to the Third Party and API sub-forum? Since it’s then no longer a WK Feedback issue. :slight_smile:

And the amazing @rfindley has already fixed it, I find out:

@jmaher16 too

2 Likes

@plantron too

2 Likes

@plantron

1 Like

5 Likes

It could also be this if you’re not using any scripts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.