Anyone doing Tobira?

Finished Genki 2 a week or something ago and started on Tobira. I have to say, the book is much more challenging and interesting than genki but is it a mouthfull. There is an official webiste for it but I thought it would be nice to have a fellow turtleburner to practice with. Could be grammar points in the book, conversation or anything really. I’m from Sweden (for timezone).

I did, once upon a time. It’s currently sitting on my shelf gathering dust, though…

If I manage to keep up with my current curriculum, I should be starting Tobira in less than 2 months.

So I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for when that time comes.

I’ve just started it too. There’s a tobira thread that isn’t very active (and is pretty old) so maybe we can start a new one or something? :smiley:

I’m not too active on the wanikani forums, but I can reply from time to time here :slight_smile:

Yo, I’m doing it. Chapter 5 at this moment. I’m adding cards on anki about the grammar points and it’s helping a lot when I get to the big texts. :smiley:

I’ll keep track on this thread too :wink:

I’m interested in joining as soon as I finish Genki 2 (should take like 2-3 more months tho). I’ve had it laying on my shelf for a while now just waiting for the day I finally finish Genki 2 :sweat_smile:

Btw, are you guys memorizing how to write stuff (as Tobira tells you to do)?

If you do, how do you track your progress - are you using some srs system that makes you write the words or just write it a couple of times and consider it memorized? I guess you could just input them in anki and use some plugin to show stroke orders or something ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I was writing all the vocabulary from the levels 1-16 on wanikani but it’s such a pain that I quit trying to be able to write. Maybe I should start again…

I’m on chapter 7 of Tobira currently. It is certainly more challenging than Genki, but I suppose that’s part of what makes it a good intermediate book.

I don’t write kanji as part of my standard routine. I read a couple grammar points a day, take notes on them, and add them to my Anki deck. Then I read throughout the rest of the chapter.

oh, btw, if you are using it, would you like to practice speaking and other stuff in the book? It has been months since I conversed in japanese so i’m probably very bad at speaking but practice makes… I’m a 19 yo male just so you know

Sure, why not :smiley: Do you have a discord or something? I’m 20M myself and am Olety #4523 on there. Oh, and I’m pretty sure that I’ll be horrible as well so yeah, よろしくね。

Just added, it’s 23:59 here in Sweden though so will have to chat tomorrow maybe :confused: