Anki Settings?

Hey all! I’m wondering if anyone uses custom settings on Anki and if there are any benefits to changing the default settings.

I just started Season 5 on Textfugu, so that means I’m starting the Ultimate Vocab deck.

If you use custom settings, lets hear what they are and why you prefer them over the default settings.

The only changes I’ve made to my Anki settings are in how many new cards it gives me per day.  A few of my decks I have set up to give me more or less than the set # of cards.  Vocab I usually turn down to 1 new card a day after doing an initial 10 new cards with a max new cards of 5.  I just can’t get to my decks every day and I can’t learn more than 5 new words a day (realistically).  When I learned Hiragana I had it cranked up to 20 new cards a day though - I could get through that much easier because it had 3 cards per Hiragana character.

I also tweak my decks a bit.  I might add some additional content to the cards as I go so that they get more challenging or add a sentence card or two so that I can practice using the word as well, or recognizing it.  Adding reverse cards is also helpful.  I don’t know if that is necessarily the settings, but I definitely customize my decks to work better for me.

SilverFen said...Vocab I usually turn down to 1 new card a day after doing an initial 10 new cards with a max new cards of 5.  I just can't get to my decks every day and I can't learn more than 5 new words a day (realistically).  

I haven't seen the option to set a maximum for new cards, so I don't so I don't just get overwhelmed if I haven't studied my decks a few days.How do set the maximum of new cards? 

I set mine up to show me new lessons after the review session.  all in a row.  kinda like WK.  I also changed the times for reviews coming around

I’ve removed the “Easy” bonus, but I’m actually starting to think that perhaps I should reinstate it, perhaps merely reduced. Reviews start piling up too quickly if you remove it completely…