Am I some kind of irregular?

So I’ve been back on the forums and active nearly every day for a solid 2 months now, definitely more than 50 days. I’ve opened up all the new topics as they come cause I like that counter staying at 0, and I’ve skimmed through most of the topics as they appear on the homepage. I feel like the “must have viewed 25% of posts” part is whats stopping me from becoming a regular so I’ve been slowly scrolling through a certain campfire thread to fulfill that requirement.

Regular Requirements

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

Must have visited at least 50% of days
Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
[*] Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
[*] Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
Must have received 20 likes, and given
30 likes.*
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Must not have been suspended or silenced

I guess my question here is: does anyone know if theres a forum specific userscript that tells you how many topics/posts you’ve viewed over a certain period of time? Cause I think I’m probably close to 25%. Either that or I’m just some kind of irregular (・・; )

16 Likes

You need to read the poll thread to become a regular. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Say it ain’t so :fearful:
Well I guess I’ll keep scrolling through it while I watch TV or something

7 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, topics in the Campfire don’t count.

6 Likes

I’ve never read the poll thread, aside from random occasions when someone tags me in it. While I did orignally get my Regular status during the Durtle Heaven thing last year, which was almost as verbose as a poll thread, I haven’t lost it since then either, sooo…

11 Likes

That’d explain why I’m still regular since I haven’t been too active in the forums for a couple of months now.

6 Likes

Hey, look, you’re a regular now!

9 Likes

They are still showing as a member on my end?

7 Likes

I’m just trolling

9 Likes

Forgive me, I’m an airhead. xD

11 Likes

I just scrolled through the entire POLL thread and saw this :cry:

welp time to find the previous troll poll thread

6 Likes

Don’t scroll too fast, though, as that small blue dot in the top right of each post has to disappear for a post to be considered read :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Speaking of regularity… @SleepyOne When are you going to give up that #1 position 246047986650578955

9 Likes

I, too, manage to maintain regular status without turning to the POLL thread. Just to give you some hope :stuck_out_tongue: also, whenever I lose regular status, it takes me way longer than I think it should to regain it. Basically, you have to massively overcompensate if you want it to take less than 100 days, because you’re making up for all those days when you weren’t reaching those requirements.

I do however feel like the requirements of regular status are too draconian in such an absurdly active community.

11 Likes

Honestly getting regular status probably won’t give you much unless you’re constantly running out of likes or often find a need to edit titles and create wikis. I suppose some people care about it for the bragging rights, but I don’t think anyone usually pays that much attention to it.

The biggest one is usually having to read a lot of the threads. If you’ve met all the other requirements, you may just have to open a bunch of threads until they get marked as read.

6 Likes

I remember reading this somewhere a few months ago but is it official? Cause that’ll make things a lot easier.
@RachelG would you happen to know?

goals

Yup, the poll thread is blue-spotless

I’m gonna need it in a few months for the Olympians thread, and figured I might as well try to get it now since it’s much easier to maintain regular status than it is getting it in the first place. But the extra likes are a much needed bonus :star_struck:

7 Likes

Btw, I think it’s @windupbird who has the spot before you. :eyes:

10 Likes

Oops. I always mix them up because of their similar avatars :eyes:

9 Likes

#1 position? Am I like the most regular regular?

Edit: Jk, apparently it’s not me :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

It’s frustrating having to put so much time into something for such a trivial reason. I love spending time on the forums, don’t get me wrong, but I scroll through a lot of threads I have no real interest in just so that I can edit book club titles and set up wikis when needed.

5 Likes