What is the level distribution on here?

I’m just wondering, does anyone know what percentage of users make it to every level? Like how many users have made it to 60? What level do the most people drop off at?

32 Likes

I will check.

28 Likes

Am waiting patiently

19 Likes

I wanna get my guess in before Kumirei and say… either level 1 or level 3?

I don’t know how the level numbers are stored, but there’s probably also going to be a bias due to free accounts displaying the level 3 on the forums even if the user got to a higher level before they stopped paying.

11 Likes

That’s true. I didn’t think about how it drops you back down.

1 Like

Please and thank you

They released a graph a while ago - from memory, it was basically an exponential decay curve, but with a big spike at level 60 where everyone piles up against the wall. Wonder if anything’s changed since then.

Wonder if @Kumirei is making a new graph, or just digging up the old one.

28 Likes

That is a really weird pattern though.

1 Like

How so? Isn’t that like a perfectly normal and expected pattern…?

In case you’re imagining it wrong, here’s the old ones

39 Likes

Making a new one since WK data is opaque and rfindley’s data was based on roughly 20k users whereas there are 67k now.

56 Likes

Ohhhh. Yes, I was imagining like a TON of people at 60, which is why I was confused. Thank you.

6 Likes

I’m not the best at presenting data, so here is a link to the spreadsheet. Anyone can edit, so if you want to create a new graph or whatever, feel free.

WK Users With Basic Badge - Google Sheets

Breakdown of levels 1-60, including the subscription frequency.
Free%2C%20Paid%20and%20Lifetime%20(1)

Same as above, excluding levels 1-4.
Free%2C%20Paid%20and%20Lifetime%20(2)

Simple line plot of the totals on each level.
chart

159 Likes

That is AWESOME, thank you so much! How did you get the data?

6 Likes

Anyone who has visited the forums has the “Basic” badge, and everyone on the forum has their level and subscription stored as a Discourse group membership, so I went to this page and fetched all the 66,628 users and their groups.

43 Likes

Not many at my level it seems :eyes: that makes sense though haha

6 Likes

There are 58 users on level 58, lol

58 Likes

That was clever… I feel better about my level seeing how few people have made it this far.

13 Likes

There are 8,391 users who got past the free levels and gave up along the way (and didn’t have lifetime)

15 Likes

It’ll be 59 tomorrow if all goes according to plan :eyes:

26 Likes

AMAZING that makes me happy. Anyway I have been 58 for more than a month but soon…

@jacobalbano I guess you will join, make it 59, and then I will leave and it will be 58 again lol

8 Likes