2100 KaniWani reviews

thanks! I’ve just tried but it doesnt accept my API1 key for whatever reason… Whenever API keys are involved, nothing works properly or without a lot of hassle :tired_face:

actually this is the first time an API key thing didn’t work for me ^^

So weird the older API doesn’t work… It works fine here.

No, I don’t use level up celebrator, forgot all about it! Going to use it now. Thanks!

Awesome script you’ve made, I’ve installed it! Thanks :smiley:

Progress percentages in wanikanistatics are fine for now.

Scripts I use now:
WK Community Mnemonics
Wanikani Dashboard Progress Plus
Wanikani Ultimate Timeline
Wanikani Reorder Ultimate 2
Wanikani Lightning Mode
WaniKani Lesson Ordering II
Wanikani Self-Study Quiz
Kanji Highlighter (turned off for now)
Wanikani Golden Burn
Wanikani Heatmap
WaniKani LevelUP Celebrator
Wanikani Number of Learned Kanji, Vocab

Definitely not using the one where you can correct your mistakes. Too tempting to abuse it.

Lol did they delete 乱交 (orgy)? I just put some data from wanikaniexplorer and I’m getting an error. And it can’t find that word anymore on WK.

2 Likes

noooooooooo, i want my orgy back! i think i even made a custom mnemonic for that.
it’s also promiscuity. yup, i just checked, can’t be found anymore on WK. weird.

What is this for stupid kind of censorship haha.

1 Like

a few more scripts you didn’t list i find super useful:
Pitch Info - tells you the intonation of the word. super useful to pronounce correctly. e.g. 箸 HAshi chopsticks goes down, 橋 haSHI bridge goes up.
By the way, the large majority of words goes up on the second syllable. And in my experience many of the words that go down have a sort of superiority element, like justice (coming from up high, going down on people), definition, 非難 criticism, etc.
Katakana Madness - makes onyomi readings in katakana. super useful to know when WK expects onyomi and when kunyomi. also practices katakana.
Keisei Semantic-Phonetic Composition - tells you which part of the kanji is responsible for the pronunciation. often shows you how many kanji with the same radical have the same pronunciation, like everything with 官 is pronounced kan.
Example Sentences - more example sentences
Font randomizer - practice reading different fonts and handwriting. just don’t install armed banana, it’s super ugly and annoying, and not even good practice. i don’t currently use this because Armed Banana annoyed me, and i can read handwriting pretty well. i should use it again though.
Stroke Order Diagram - i don’t look at it too often, i’ll learn writing later, but still sometimes nice
Lesson Hover Details - see how many of the lessons are kanji/radicals/vocab
More Hotkeys - play Kenichi’s audio with Shift+J (female audio still on J)

1 Like

As always, after a hassle, it suddenly works (it has been like this for every time I’ve used an API. After a few hours and trying again, it suddenly works).
However, the only think NOT working, is seeing my critical items and downloading them. Great lol

Lol mnemonic for kanji with reading “けい”: cake.
Actual kanji voor cake shows up (but with reading か).
Types けい. Wrong. けい. Wrong. けい. Wrong. けい. Wrong

2 Likes

the けい is a lie! :wink:
Maybe it’s carrot cake? i use a carrot mnemonic for a lot of かs ^^
Or maybe it’s car tire cake. yummy.

2 Likes

The car smashed in the carrot cake :stuck_out_tongue:
Good one, carrot cake!
We have a very silly Dutch song where they sing (but in Dutch):
having fun with the girls, girls.
having fun with the girls, coffee.
having fun with the girls, carrotcake.

2 Likes

haha, that sounds like a fun song, and a great mnemonic specifically for you ^^

It’s hilarious haha. But probably only when you’re Dutch.

Oh wait: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/MEROL/Lekker-Met-De-Meiden/translation/english

Jeesh I’m so offtopic.

1 Like

2500 Enlightened!

1 Like

offtopic is fine in this topic i think ^^
i’ll take a look at the video when i’m back home ^^

1 Like

just burned my first 10 turtles (level 1 radicals) :smiling_imp: :grin:

yours should be coming up soon too!

help em burn! haha.
aww i feel bad with those cute pictures, i don’t actually like burning turtles ^^

2 Likes

Congrats on your first burns!!!

Yep!! Mine are coming up this Friday at 18:00 :smiley:

1 Like

Heya, how are you doing these days?

I leveled up on Tuesday, and did all the lessons on the same day i think.
That meant that i had over 300 reviews the day after, which i didn’t manage to get to 0 immediately.
But i’m happy to say i managed to get to 0 again today, one day later :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, tomorrow my last radical reviews which unlock the remaining kanji will be 30 minutes into a concert i’ll be at. Worst timing ever :sweat_smile:

Btw my favourite new custom mnemonic is for 管理: pipe (dream) reasoning is what management people do. haha

Do you also notice that remembering new kanji is getting… somewhat easier? I think Tofugu wrote about that in an article too. You get a feel for a reading the more kanji you know that share it, and for remembering mnemonics and shapes, i guess. I don’t know, maybe i’m just on a roll and energetic right now. i’m very curious how my higher level burn reviews will go, haha.

Bunpro-wise, i don’t manage to do lessons very often, because i already get about 40-50 reviews per day. Kinda odd, when i haven’t really been doing lessons for days. But i think i’ll do another set of 3 now.

I’m really excited about Weathering With You releasing in cinema right now, probably gonna go to a showing with Japanese audio and subtitles in a few days :slight_smile: you know i’m a Shinkai nerd, right? Love all his movies, Your Name, Garden of Words, 5 Centimeters per second… they say the writing isn’t perfect, but… the feels <3

1 Like

Congrats on your leveling up and doing so many reviews!!
Ugh horrible timing indeed, with the concert. I had it once I went to the movies. And I already did to many kanji wrong, so it took me two days longer in total.

LOL I just had the vocab for manager, which is 管理人
And sometimes 人 is pronounced as nin. And I remember it because managers are sometimes a-holes haha.

That same-reading script thingy is wonderful, it also helps to remember kanji quicker. So thank you for that :smiley: Though I’m behind with the self-study script and things I can’t remember are adding up more quickly. But yeah duh, the total is getting larger, so it’s not so surprising.

I haven’t been doing new BunPro for weeks now, maybe months. I only did 3 lessons last week and that was it. I used to do 3 new lessons each day. It gets extreme if you do that hahaha. Can’t recommend that. Or maybe I can :stuck_out_tongue: Because you get so many different stuff that IF you do remember something, you remember it well. It’s like the WK people being against multiple choice. Make the circumstances as difficult as you can. If you still remember, it’s proof you remember it well.

I’m kind of always at 0/0 with WK.
I think KW is getting around the next SRS level, so it’s adding up quickly. It’s 627 now.
BunPro is at 43. My study streak has been reset though and I’m now at day 3 UGH.

Ahh I still need to see all of those movies!! Nowadays I can’t seem to get the time in to do stuff like that haha.

1 Like

1 Like

I followed this thread for a little while and I just want to say that I am amazed at how quickly you ran through these reviews. :open_mouth:

I also completely forgot about KW, so I have been doing reviews there as well. Realised I’m not doing as well over there as I am here, but I’d say that’s due to lack of practice lol. I also don’t always have as much time to study as I’d like, but I’m making due with the time I have (and want to invest, too). That’s why I like weekends so much. :smiley:

Keep it up! And congrats on your first burn.

2 Likes