結婚しても恋してる: Volume 2 Discussion

Join the Absolute Beginner Book Club here!

結婚しても恋してる home thread

Volume 2!

kekkon%202
Previous Thread: Week 9
Next Thread: give me 5 minutes please Volume 3

Where To Buy

Physical: CDJapan | Amazon JP
eBook: eBook Japan | Amazon Kindle | BookWalker | Pixiv | BookLive

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :two_hearts:

Participation polls:

Pre-Reading:

• I am currently reading this manga!
  • I intend to read this manga at some point in the future.
  • I have already read this manga.
  • I do not intend to read this manga, but I heard there was cake.
  • Other

0 voters

Post-Reading:

• I finished the manga and I loved it!
  • I finished the manga and I liked it.
  • I finished the manga and I didn’t like it.
  • I finished the manga and I hated it!
  • I stopped midway, but I intend to finish at a later point.
  • I stopped midway and I don’t intend to finish.

0 voters

2 Likes

I would love to read this manga tid summer! Do any of you want to join me?

Hi!

I own the volume 2 (but still haven’t finished the volume 1), so I’ll be happy to read it in a book club!

1 Like

Perfect!

Maybe we could do this as a summer read? Start in the end of May so if others want to join they can get the manga?

Volume 2 covers chapter 9-14. What do you think about this schedule?

Chapter 9: May 31-June 6
Chapter 10: June 7-13
Chapter 11: June 14-20
Chapter 12: June 21-27
Chapter 13: June 28-July 4
Chapter 14: July 5-July 11

I’d love to read with you, but my book is currently stuck in Japan and I have no idea when shipping will start happening again to my country with JapanPost. But I highly doubt I can get my books by end of May. However, since I can’t even guess when I’ll get it, I can’t suggest another start date anyway…

I have the same problem with Japan post - no shipping to my country right now. But it’s available on Amazon JP Kindle, so that’s what I have. If you want, you could get it on Kindle now until you can get your book from Japan?

1 Like

I’d rather not buy it twice, since I already own the paper version. I can read it later by myself, no worries.

1 Like

@Marifly I think end of May is a short deadline for those who want to join but need to buy (or receive) the volume, as the situation is currently quite complicated.

Maybe end of June will be more optimistic?

@FlamySerpent, @Micki would you like to join? If so, when will you be available?

I agree end of May is too short notice. In general quite a few people want a physical copy of the book and it takes quite a bit of time to get delivery from overseas.

I’m in two minds whether to join you. I enjoyed book 1 and like the idea of reading another. I’m reading along with three book clubs at the moment though and have some other books I own queued up waiting reading.

Have you asked in the last thread (or home thread) of the first book’s book club? They would seem the most likely people to join you.

I don’t know how many people will want to join a volume 2 book club if they’ve not read the first one, but you never know and I expect it works quite well as a stand-alone book.

1 Like

I just ordered it. I kind of fell off the map with the first one (life got busy), but I would be highly interested in reading the second one as a group. End of June would work for me (and would give me a chance to finish up the first).

1 Like

@rumyrrh247, @MissDagger, @Micki and @anna_harumaki, let’s try in the end of June!

How does this look? Do you think you’ll get your copy before the end of June or should we wait even a bit longer? I guess we could leave it like this for now and see who has the book and who doesn’t by the end of June.

Chapter 9: June 28-July 4
Chapter 10: July 5-July 11
Chapter 11: July 12-July 18
Chapter 12: July 19-July 25
Chapter 13: July 26-August 1
Chapter 14: August 2-August 9

1 Like

Currently I can’t say. I might have an idea closer to the end of May if Japan Post opening up shipping again is dependent on whether restrictions let up in Japan or not at the end of May. Basically I’m dependent on Japan Post shipping again to Sweden with air/SAL.

My book actually is coming pretty quickly and should be here by Tuesday, so those dates will definitely work.

Again, I need to catch up on the first one again, so this will give me plenty of time!

1 Like

@rumyrrh247, @MissDagger, @Micki and @anna_harumaki, it’s almost the end of June! Do you have your books and do you want to start reading now according to the schedule above? Or do you want to wait?

Everyone else is welcome to join too, of course!

It looks like I will get my books some time next month, unless something else goes wrong. However, there are a couple of other wrinkles for me. I think the earliest I could be mostly sure of committing right now would be end of August or in September. Then I can be fairly sure that I will be in the same space as my books.

While a little bit later might work better for me (maybe delayed by a few weeks), I could do the normal schedule too.

@Marifly @MissDagger @Micki @anna_harumaki Did you want to begin this book club?

I do! Re-reading the first volume for now.

Sorry not at the moment for me.

After a very long time without doing any Wanikani (and having now more than 1900 reviews…), I’m trying to get into Janapese again.

I will need a few weeks to read the first volume, but I definitely want to be part of this book club, that will be a good goal for me :slight_smile:

1 Like