獣の奏者 chapter 5, part 2 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 5, Part 2: 運命の曲がり角、運命の曲がり角

Start Date: June 20th
Previous Week: Chapter 5, part 1
Next Week: Chapter 5, part 3

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-06-28T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

1 Like

So…

Spoiler

The first two page were hard for me but the rest went smoothly. Just to be sure at the beginning she had her 竪琴 tuned to make the sound like リラン.

When トムラ came in a hurry in the office of エサル I was sure it was because Erin fainted. Just before she said that she was too tired to go see リラン and that her leg couldn’t move. I was surprised when it was because リラン had eaten. SHIE DID IT. :sob:

4 Likes
Slightly different

She didn’t tune it (that would involve changing the tautness of the strings) but she made some kind of leather cover which attached to the frame of the harp, and that changed the sound it made to be more like a mother 王獣’s call.

Comments (another spoiler)

Wow, can you imagine what it must have been like for エサル and トムラ to see Erin standing there in front of リラン, wondering if she was going to be attacked in front of them. Very dramatic. I am really looking forward to seeing what other animal superpowers Erin ends up with.

4 Likes

Meanwhile I am pleasantly surprised how little ‘super’ there is about her ‘powers’ so far - just a different approach and mindset. :slight_smile

4 Likes

I’m a bit behind this week. Only read the first few pages so far, which hurt my brain.

I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t get to see the market, but I guess it wasn’t really important.

2 Likes

Done with this week and finally up to date, yay!

I’ll try to listen in on this week’s reading if I don’t forget.

She finally did it! I wonder where the story will go after this.

3 Likes