獣の奏者 chapter 5, part 3 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 5, Part 3: 運命の曲がり角、教導師たちの決定

Start Date: June 27th
Previous Week: Chapter 5, part 2
Next Week: Chapter 5, part 4

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-07-05T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

I haven’t reached this part yet :confounded::confounded::confounded: trying to speed it up :crazy_face:

1 Like

The section was a bit long, but not too hard. Not much happened, but I still found it interesting. It was nice seeing エサル’s perspective on the whole situation. I also have a bad feeling that the teacher who disagreed with エサル from the beginning is going to leak these events, but I guess we’ll see.

6 Likes

I also got that same impression. But even without him, it seems like an impossible secret to keep. What about when they have to return リラン to the palace? エリン said that she will never allow the 音無笛 or 特滋水 to be used on リラン, but what will she do when リラン has to leave? Surely the palace won’t give up a valuable 王獣 just because someone at the rehabilitation facility became attached to him. Even if the grumpy teacher doesn’t say anything, it seems like through her own convictions Erin will end up revealing the secret herself.

3 Likes

Did they ever say that they return the 王獣 to the palace’s 王獣保護場? I was under the impression that the sick/injured 王獣 just stayed at the current 王獣保護場 until they died, but maybe I’m misremembering or assuming.

2 Likes

I don’t think they ever did, but I had assumed that because he was so young and only had a shoulder wound from the arrow, that he would return. It seems a little weird for them to keep him if he fully recovers. If it was an older 王獣 who was injured, I could understand that, since he would be less useful in battle or as proof of the ヨジェ’s power. I guess if they don’t have to return リラン then that could make things easier for エリン. I can’t see her wanting to leave his side now.

2 Likes

I should probably get to reading so I can follow along with all these spoilers. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

We now know the secret Arion method to heal and tame 王獣 it’s called love and compassion. Just kidding but one of the teachers was so mad. I now wonder what path the school will choose. Defy the rule and treat the 王獣 differently or stick to the rule and continue not having the best method. Also I’m sure someone will rat on Erin. Some of the children and even the teachers seem angry and biased against her because she comes from Arion.

1 Like

The ending of this chapter gave me warm fuzzies. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Well you would wonder why the author has gone to all the trouble of introducing us to the palace inhabitants if the star of the show is not going to end up there…

Plus some bonus extra fake spoilery stuff just to intrigue Belerith. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

My favorite kind of spoiler the one that is not a real spoiler but just a troll. But let me show you how to do it properly.

@Belerith it’s sad that you haven’t caught up because in the book dfffewfewfefpejfpijfpiewjfpewjfewpjfpewjf But the most important part was when wefiewfiewfiewfiewfpiewfpepewf I’m sure you will be as surprise at me about what tabout at the end. I never would have thought that qdwqfphiwfpewfpewffiewiw Knowning you I’m you will like how the chapter end. I mean jdpifjfpiweijfewjfpiewjfpewjfe

@Kyasurin This is how you troll someone :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

You are a trolling troll who trolls and your spoilers are a lie. D:
:anger:
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

It was worth it. I wanted to give you motivation to read or just wanted to make a joke. One of the two. I supose you finished this week reading then.

4 Likes

Yep. And I see @Kyasurin is also a trolling troll who trolls. I had such faith in you. :cry:

I really enjoyed this weeks reading, even if I read it in segments. (I usually read these in one go unless it’s very political/a history lesson) The breaks just made it so inviting. :smiley:

I definitely think this is going to leak at some point, but I’m somewhat expecting another time skip before that like we had at John’s, to give エリン and リラン time to bond, エリン time to learn more about politics and the importance of the 王獣 and 頭陀. (I think this is the correct kanji but :man_shrugging:)

I’m also really liking エサル more every time she shows up. She’s strict but fair, like the best teachers are. <3 She’d totally like to bond with one of the 王獣, but she’s also really prioritizing her students in her role as headmaster/protector.

3 Likes

蛇 (because they are snake-like)

4 Likes

Also 闘 (because they battle)

5 Likes

I actually added 闘蛇 to my IME on my laptop so I could type it directly, but I don’t know how to do that on my iPhone. :slightly_frowning_face: Typing たたかい (delete い) then へび is annoying.

2 Likes

:joy:
Thank you haha.

@seanblue how do you add it on pc?? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I don’t remember the steps offhand. I’m sure there’s a guide somewhere online.

1 Like

Right click on the “A” or “あ” in the taskbar to the right, there’ll be an “Add Word” context menu item. This is the same for Microsoft and Google IMEs.

1 Like

闘蛇
Oooh, thank you!!!

2 Likes