ルリドラゴン ・ Ruri Dragon 🐲 Week 9

p99-101

I detailed this in the previous correction dump, but tl;dr
のに here with the rest of the things means “after all that happened”.
And the next line is the usual “aren’t they X” structure with a か omitted

That would be very harsh
The と here is a conditional, and the condition is the small sentence before it, as in “早く来ない”, “to not come back quickly”, and “むしろ” is “on the contrary/rather”. So the whole sentence is “No… rather if you don’t come back quickly, everyone will…” and it continues on with the next part. That が is a subject marker.

This is actually 2 different utterances. “すごいんだよね” is sort of separate.
The first part is somewhat put into perspective with the previous correction, pretty much
“[if you don’t come back quickly] people will start asking me about you.”
And すごい here is probably the negative meaning, as in “it’s awful, isn’t it”

Here the subject of the sentence is the “ルリは生物兵器説”, “The theory of Ruri being a biological weapon”. The first part wasn’t quite included in your translation, the “みんなの中で今”, or “between the others” is the best translation I’ve got. And with the subject being that “Ruri is a biological weapon”, “濃厚に考察されてるよ”, “to be in strong consideration”, the thing that is in consideration is that theory.
“Among the others, it’s being strongly considered, that you are a biological weapon”.

あとは is sort of “besides that”, or “other than that”. As in she’s listing other things the others came up with.

This is more along the lines of “What the…”

I think this is “if you don’t hurry, I’ll leave you behind”

p102-104

More like “Aoki, are you a biological weapon?”
Or more literally
“Talking about Aoki, [is it] a biological weapon thing?”

It’s Ruri saying that, “You’ve cut your hair”

p105-107

This is worth a breakdown
The core of the sentence is:
夜しか眠れない - Can’t sleep besides the night → I can only sleep at night
Then the first part attaches to this:
もう正解が気になって - The solution is [constantly] on my mind, and…

“I can only sleep at night because I’m constantly thinking about the solution”.

This is one of those cases, when you should be wary of the combined translation. As a simple sentence, not a set phrase/noun-thing, it’s just “Do I tell them the truth?”

Actually, half-some-other-species to be exact

p108-110

He says “Well, it’s a bit early, but let’s begin homeroom”

No need to translate every single thing every time. You can just focus on the sentences that gave you the most trouble. This will free up quite a bit of time. It has the slight disadvantage of potentially missing a sentence or two that you’ve translated incorrectly, but 99 times out of a 100 that’s more than fine. You will eventually want to completely graduate from translating each sentence, even in your head.

[Man, I really should sleep sometimes, I feel my English being very sluggish today]

6 Likes

You have all week, I notice a lot of people get done within the first few days, so I believe in you all.

5 Likes

I also believe in you all! You can do it! (And it’s only 3 weeks left - no stopping now! :dragon_face::fire: )

9 Likes

I realized this and thought it sounded more natural in english to just say half-dragon. Since that ‘other species’ was dragon, after all.

3 Likes

Contrary to the other chapters so far, this one got harder at the end, mostly all the theories. Closer to 20 lookups in my note compared to 12 for the first half. But overall I’m happy with this chapter too.

6 Likes