チーズスイートホーム Home Thread (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

Yeah, I’ve been considering that. The notes section would probably work best. And yep, どこかしってう was added in by someone else, mostly because I was still trying to figure it out. Turns out having the official translation doesn’t help when you can’t figure out how they got to that translation lol.

And yeah, that’s fine to remove the page numbers. I don’t have the digital version, so I just wasn’t sure if the page numbers would match or not.

Ah, I don’t know. I thought it did because that’s how it is now, but if not then someone must’ve added it with the intent to edit it later. :stuck_out_tongue:
Sorry for the confusion.

I’ll just edit some stuff in the vocab sheet, I would do more, but I don’t want to read it so soon. :sweat_smile:

Oh, no worries! I hadn’t actually seen that someone filled the ebook pages in, lol. But yeah, if they’re the same, we don’t need that as a reference.

(Is that you playing in the doc at the moment?)

1 Like

'tis. :eyes:

Ahaha, just checking. :grin:

Yeah, I just checked and the pages are the same. :slight_smile:

So cute. :blush:

2 Likes

Ah, good confirm!

It’s such a cute manga~ I’m looking forward to reading it properly, lol. I’ve had my copy for two years now and haven’t read past the first few chapters. ^^;

3 Likes

I just got it for free in eBookJapan a few weeks ago. :smiley:
I’ve always known about it, but never really thought it would be my thing.
Glad that I’m learning Japanese now. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same, ahaha. I actually had never heard of it before seeing it recced here on the forums and I’m actually really glad I never watched the anime or read the English translation first. I own the English translation because it was on sale and I figured it’d be good to have on hand for confirming my translations as I read through the Japanese version. ^^

1 Like

Good!! I’m slowly catching up

1 Like

Wow, it’s great to see so many new faces and first time posters in this book club!
@katvonbirb great work with the spreadsheet. I have added a couple of notes, but it all looks good.

1 Like

Joining the book club for the first time on this one, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aaaaaaa, thank you so much!!:33 I will add this vocab list to the main post now:3 We will start in like a month from now, so people can buy their physical books /o/ And thank you again and everyone who works/will work on it:3 That children speech drove me insane when I tried reading it a long time ago :eyes:

3 Likes

Totally newbie here: How do I actually buy this book as someone living stateside who does not have an Amazon or Kindle JP account? D:

I ended up being able to buy it on books walker (one of like links above)
it has an English mode on the website and you can log in with facebook or google
it only cost 800¥ ($7.50)

2 Likes

I will be joining again, too! :blush:

Not sure if the first volume is still free to download on bookwalker, but I got it when one user (sorry, forgot who!) was pointing that out in a Shirokuma Cafe thread.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll pick it up there.

Aren’t you a little experienced for this thread? :grin::smile:

Just because someone is level 60 on here doesn’t mean they have mastered all of the Japanese language yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus I’ve been meaning to read Chi’s Sweet Home anyway, so why not with a book club? :wink:

8 Likes

You can help out all of us noobies, then! :grin: