Welcome to the コンビニ人間 Repeat Book Club!
コンビニ人間 by 村田沙耶香 is a book about a middle-aged woman who has spent her entire adult life working at a コンビニ. It is a fascinating critique of Japanese social norms and provides a great look into Japanese culture. It was originally read in 2019 by the Intermediate Book Club. This club will follow the old Intermediate Book Club discussions and will target those who are starting to transition from beginner to intermediate level.
Will you be participating in the コンビニ人間 repeat club?
- Yes, I’ll be reading along for the first time
- Yes, I’ve already read the book but I’ll be discussing and helping out on the forums
|Week||Start Date||End Page (PB)||End Page (HB)||End Kindle Location||End Percentage Ebook||End Phrase||Pages|
|Week 1||January 9th||18||13||129||9%||どんどん大人になっていった。||11|
|Week 2||January 16th||27||22||229||15%||人間にしているのだった。||9|
|Week 3||January 23rd||36||31||320||20%||世界を信じている。||9|
|Week 4||January 30th||49*||44*||461||29%||と店長が言った||13|
|Week 5||February 6th||62||55||575||36%||唇を拭った。||13|
|Week 6||February 13th||77||70||733||45%||同じ朝を微笑んでいる。||15|
|Week 7||February 20th||89||82||846||52%||へと向かった。||12|
|Week 8||February 27th||100||92||961||59%||済んだのに、と思った。||11|
|Week 9||March 6th||111||103||1071||65%||口に運んだ。||11|
|Week 10||March 13th||121||112||1165||71%||私のかけがえのない同志だった。||10|
|Week 11||March 20th||134||125||1294||79%||見つめていた。||13|
|Week 12||March 27th||146||137||1415||86%||ぼんやり見上げていた。||12|
|Week 13||April 3rd||161||151||1562||95%||15|
The next weekly live reading session will be 2021-01-24T03:00:00Z. Join the Japanese Bookclub Discord to either read or listen!
Where to Buy
Would you be interested in participating in weekly or bi-weekly live readings?
- Yes, as a reader
- Yes, as a listener
How would you prefer to handle the reading schedule?
- Use the Intermediate Book Club’s pace with no alteration
- Create an optional head start schedule dividing the first three readings in half
- Use a ramp-up schedule dividing the first few readings in half to get used to the writing style and vocabulary
- Divide a few of the longer readings in half
- Divide all readings in half
- Some other idea (please comment)