よつばと! Vol 10 Discussion Thread (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

That is brilliant! Thank you so much!

(My prediction is that by the end of the series Janbo will have fallen for and got together with Tora. I reckon they are are much more suited than Asagi).

1 Like

Nooo! Tora is for Asagi. :hocho: :tiger: :fox_face:

2 Likes

Interesting! I hadn’t thought of that! :astonished:

1 Like

I think Janbo goes for Fuuka when she grows up, since there’s already the joke about him being like, “Oh, a pretty girl!” for him to then ignore her in favor of Asagi. They also interact a lot and in a genuine fashion.

1 Like

True, but I get the feeling looks is the most important thing for Janbo, I mean, he’s genuinely smitten by Asagi’s looks. All he has yet to realise is that they just wouldn’t work as a couple. Tora fits on both scores. I think Fuuka will always be seen as the kid sister! (Isn’t this speculation fun? Thanks Kazzeon!)

1 Like

It’s fun! Tho I think Janbo will realize what’s really important.

He’s stubborn, but he’s not a bad guy.
And Fuuka and him have a lot of chemistry, tho maybe that’s just him being Janbo.

I think Tora is a bit too wild for Janbo, while Asagi seems to be able to roll with the punches, and is often seen being the one dragging Tora around.

2 Likes

We could even throw Yanda into the mix! lol!

1 Like

Yanda is the kind of guy to get Asagi by chance and pissing Janbo off. :joy:

Even if it’s just for a laugh (by the author).

Also, remember the pool episode, where Janbo goes, やるじゃん to Fuuka. :stuck_out_tongue:

立派なもんだな :joy:

You’re absolutely right there!

But when that happens Janbo might turn to Fuuka for a listening ear, and a source of corny jokes, but I just don’t see him as seeing her as anything more than that.

I hope we really do get to see all this play out!

1 Like

I doubt it! :smiley:

Also, relationships where you can make fun of each other are really fun!

1 Like

Hello people of the past :slight_smile:
Anybody can help me understand this sentence from chapter 65?
いろんないきのもがのってる
in particular, I can’t make out what “いきのも” is

Screenshot, page 78 I believe

2 Likes

()(もの)

I’m sure she’ll figure it out eventually.

3 Likes

Ah I see, thanks :sweat_smile: well, not in that chapter at least!

2 Likes