ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 9 🧹

934c88ec14

Can someone break apart this 出してらじゃん for me? Well, actually, it’s only the ら that confuses me – is it short for らしい? or something else?

p87: I think 〜てら is the 津軽弁 for 〜ている. the じゃん should be the usual contraction of じゃない

from wikipedia

継続相

共通語の「ている」にあたる継続には、「くってら」(食べている)、「書いでら」(書いている)のように「てら」「でら」を用いる。若年層では、「くっちゅ」「書いじゅ」のような「ちゅ」「じゅ」、あるいは「書いじゃ」のような「ちゃ」「じゃ」と言う場合がある。「ちゅ」を使う若年層では、「みでら」(見ていた)のように「てら」を共通語の「ていた」にあたる完了の意味でも用いるようになっている。元来の津軽弁では、完了の意味には「見であった」のように「てあった」を用いる[20]

(例)手紙 書イジュはんで(手紙を書いているから)[21]

2 Likes

This week’s chapter was cute!

4 Likes
This panel was my favorite.

0105x

5 Likes

Chapter 53 - マンドレイク・エボリューション

2021-01-29T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m dropping this book

0 voters

Finally, we’ve reached the very last chapter…of January.

3 Likes

Did anyone else read Shirley’s English with a Japanese accent?

I tried not to but it just wasn’t happening :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow, I was so annoyed by the English! And then, to make matters worse, Makoto replied in Katakana English :joy_cat:

I may have skipped a page or two of that dialogue… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

eh, it wasn’t so bad…

It’s hard not to, isn’t it? I think I mostly managed. It probably doesn’t help that the English doesn’t come off as natural English. The “overhere” distracted me more than it should.

Mostly I was thinking, “Where’s my furigana?” I was able to recognize most of it, but I didn’t recognize 狭 at all. I thought maybe I didn’t learn it yet, but WaniKani says it’s enlightened with a review coming up in two months… I’m just glad I recognize 挨拶 in context (even if I don’t know the kanji for it yet), so I didn’t have to look it up.

I enjoyed the hiragana English that was thrown in for good measure.

4 Likes

Chapter 54 - 仁王は食通

2021-02-05T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m dropping this book

0 voters

I feel this is a good spot to take a break for a bit. When do we start volume 10?

• March
  • April
  • May

0 voters

Of course, it depends on part on our physical volume readers. How is everyone reading?

• Paperback
  • Digital

0 voters

I picked March, but I don’t really have a preference.

The trick is that we don’t know the release date for volume 10 :wink:

2 Likes

At the end of the book it mentions something along the lines of “the new volume will be ready for the summer sale”. I have no idea what that means precisely, but it doesn’t sound like April or May to me tbh :disappointed:

2 Likes

Well, here’s hoping. If my predicted ranges turns out to be too early, then we simple get all the more of a break =D

2 Likes

Here are some speculations of another fan by the way:

1 Like

Now that I’m actually looking into more than the volume release dates, it looks like chapter 54 maybe came out 2020-04-09, and volume 9 came out 2020-06-09.

So, we may be looking at two months after chapter 60 comes out. And volume 10’s chapters look to maybe have been:

• Chapter 55: 2020-06-09
  • Chapter 56: 2020-08-07
  • Chapter 57: 2020-10-09
  • Chapter 58: 2020-12-09

If all goes well, chapter 59 would be 2021-02-09, and chapter 60 would be 2021-04-09, and volume 10 would be 2021-06-09.

I was 50/50 on whether to include June on the poll, and decided that based on volume 7, 8, 9 release dates that it would come before then. That’s what I get for doing lazy poll prep work.

(Actually, my poll is for 2022. I just didn’t tell anyone.)

4 Likes

Which is the same date the author of the article came up with :exploding_head:

Now if we maybe could not wait until March 2022…? Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh right… don’t mind me :joy:

I have finally caught up to you guys, after reading a volume a day, just in time for the last chapter. Looking forward to reading the next volume when it comes out.

5 Likes

Some of you may have noticed something missing from the last page. I’ve taken the time to fix this error.

7 Likes