Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

This one should probably be explicitly not allowed as an answer, but I got 冊 (counter for books), answered with “counter for plates”, and got it right. So, yeah, that’s not right lol

10 Likes

Well, i guess there are some people who misuse books as plates though

5 Likes

moar limes = moar mojito

20 Likes

I swear my fingers have a mind of their own sometimes.

12 Likes

Another one I have burned with the wrong meaning then I guess lol

i literally laughed out loud at this

4 Likes

That should be “prife of lime”.

1 Like

19 Likes

13 Likes

25 Likes

The lawyers are all over this one:

17 Likes

This is driving me NUTS!!!Every damn time!!! (just…give me a break). I saw so many crazy typos here and this is wrong!!!Ah…
tenor

25 Likes

You can add it as a user synonym :wink:

Also, the error detection looks at how likely it was that something is a typo, considering the lenght of a word. The system here thinks it is quite unlikely that you typed bread when you meant to type loaf and vice versa.

I think giving the system an ok for seeing swapped words as an error would not be a very good standard approach. There’s a difference between a tree monkey and a monkey tree.

3 Likes

I always forget i put the user synonym and I end up writing it wrong again and again…i get it right and after a while i get it again in reviews and I forget about this problem…my memory, like usual.
Yeah, it’s my problem with English, I always forget about the placement of nouns and things like that. My language is more permissive when it comes to the order of words and I do it here too. But the rage I feel every time…:smile::smile:

4 Likes

In this case I think it is actually fine English wise. Just WK and the algorithm not recognizing it

Oh good point, I didn’t interpret it like that.

@Noire12, I meant to say that not all words can do that, so it’s not a standard error check. They should whitelist bread loaf though.

2 Likes

@Saida Ohh, I see. Thanks for telling me!
@Pep95 Ah no problem, no problem. I will try some native synonyms and maybe I won’t forget about it next month… but hey, If i don’t rage a few time while trying to learn something, I feel like I am missing something or I am doing something wrong bc it’s too easy.:grin:
So, thank you both for helping me!

3 Likes

If you really feel you are sending a lot of stuff back while you know the correct answers, and you feel like you can handle the responsibility, have a look at the Double Check script:

2 Likes

The correct answer was bill, but i couldn’t remember so i typed in balls for the heck of it and it was correct

9 Likes

32 Likes